Toni Niittymaki
Finland
Helsinki
EU
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
mb

The 2nd version printing has been done, and we have received the sample copies. All is well in the printed parts, but the wood parts, more pricisely the orange ones were not what we had ordered. They need to be fixed before the final assembly can take place. This will delay the shipping of the games for about 10 days, which will push the expected arrival time the same.
Our earlier estimate for the 2nd version release was end of May, but now it looks like it'll move to early June.
We know that this is not what many of you like to read, but we hope the end result will be one that everyone will be happy about.

Lautapelit.fi
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guilherme xD
Brazil
flag msg tools
This overtext cost 100 geekgold
badge
This overtext cost 100 geekgold
mbmbmbmbmb
Sad history bro. soblue
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil Thron
United States
Caldwell
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
While disappointing (I, like many others, have this preordered and am anxiously awaiting its arrival), it's great of you to provide this update. I'd rather know than wonder about it. Thanks for letting us know.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gleb Semenjuk
Estonia
Tallinn
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
And the reprint of Supernova expansion? Is that any good to be put to BGG store?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tadeu Zubaran
Brazil
Porto Alegre
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Bad news indeed. Better wait and get a top quality product than rush and get subpar components. Thanks for the update.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon Ketchum
United States
New Castle
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Does this have to be pre-ordered from the Finnish site? That's a heck of a lot of shipping costs, I would imagine. Can it be pre-ordered from Asmodee (listed as a publisher)? If not, will it be available on Asmodee after the pre-order period?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Edwards
United States
Everett
Washington
flag msg tools
YA R'LYAH
badge
Phnglui mglw nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah nagl fhtagn! With cheeze!
mbmbmbmbmb
Indeed, I'm much happier getting an update with a new estimate. Thanks for that!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Watne
United States
Burlington
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
Good times.
mbmbmbmbmb
Will the new orange counters be available for order as replacement components for those of us with the first edition "orange" counters?

Also, +1 on Supernova inquiry.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
adebisi
Finland
Espoo
flag msg tools
404 Not Found
badge
Click to format C:\
mbmbmbmbmb
Chanfan wrote:
Indeed, I'm much happier getting an update with a new estimate. Thanks for that!

may be off-topic, but your microbadges suggest that you like to enjoy your life=)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristofer Dahl
Sweden
Uppsala
flag msg tools
I repainted my with regular warhammer paint. Works good.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristofer Dahl
Sweden
Uppsala
flag msg tools
Toni, could you please list all changes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Brown
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you for the info. I would call this Tough Love and will catch you cats at a later date then. No worries.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom
United States
Plainfield
ILLINOIS
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
How is this bad news?
Company eager to capitalize on an awesome game decides quality is more important than shipping out a product not ready for release.

I celebrate this fact, and further I celebrate that they are keeping us posted! I love companies that have high standards and even though there is ridiculously high demand they won't budge on standards. Kudos!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Forrey
United States
Dallastown
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
johnnyspys wrote:
How is this bad news?
Company eager to capitalize on an awesome game decides quality is more important than shipping out a product not ready for release.

I celebrate this fact, and further I celebrate that they are keeping us posted! I love companies that have high standards and even though there is ridiculously high demand they won't budge on standards. Kudos!

Agreed!

BTW..your badge picture is awesome. Brotherhood of the Wolf is one of the best movies ever.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave K
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
Love 'em even if a few games get scuttled from time to time.
badge
Meow.
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the update. You can tell a lot of us are eager to get our hands on this - a couple weeks won't matter much in the end.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Richardson

Pennsylvania
msg tools
mbmb
thegreybetween wrote:
Will the new orange counters be available for order as replacement components for those of us with the first edition "orange" counters?

It's pretty easy to paint them. Cheap acrylic paint sets or whatever. Just might have to mix paints for the orange and after they're dry, buff them with a paper towel to give them a little sheen. Mine look awesome. laugh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stefan Brunell
Canada
Bromont
Quebec
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Gleb wrote:
And the reprint of Supernova expansion? Is that any good to be put to BGG store?

It's already on the program, Kristine is waiting the Supernovas for about the same time we will receive the reprint.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Toni Niittymaki
Finland
Helsinki
EU
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
mb
stout_rugger wrote:
Does this have to be pre-ordered from the Finnish site? That's a heck of a lot of shipping costs, I would imagine. Can it be pre-ordered from Asmodee (listed as a publisher)? If not, will it be available on Asmodee after the pre-order period?

No, you can buy your copy from any store you want. Some stores already offer preorders, some start selling when they get em.
As far as we know, Asmodee doesn't sell games directly to end users.

Shipping goes like this:

One container to the US, Asmodee US will distribute these games in North America when they arrive.

2nd container to Europe. This shipment will be first split between Asmodee and Lautapelit.fi. Lautapelit.fi distributes the game in Nordic countries, Asmodee elsewhere in Europe.

The 2 shipments are not linked in any way, it may be that US one arrives a week earlier than the Europe one, or the other way around. At both ends, the games will be shipped out as soon as it's possible.

Preorders from Lautapelit.fi will ship out when our part of the games have arrived to our warehouse in Helsinki.

Lautapelit.fi

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Toni Niittymaki
Finland
Helsinki
EU
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
mb
Lyker wrote:

Sampo has listed the changes in this http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/779291/2nd-ed-changes thread.

Lautapelit.fi

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kelly Page
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Stefan B wrote:
Kristine is waiting the Supernovas

Shouldn't that be "Supernovae"?

I couldn't help it, I teach astronomy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Kossowan
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the update! I am also anxious but approve of quality part policies! :)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nate Straight

Covington
Louisiana
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Lyker wrote:

- The orange resource markers are orange
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Raquel
Portugal
Massama
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Is there any estimate about how much the 2nd printing will cost?

Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Kelly
United States
Longmont
Colorado
flag msg tools
Allow me to introduce myself. I am Hexachlorophene J. Goodfortune, Kidnapper-At-Large, and Devourer of Tortoises par Excellence, at your service.
badge
If you can read this, then this sentence is false.
mbmbmbmbmb
AFAIK the 2nd print will have an MSRP of $99, same as the 1st print. Cardhaus is taking preorders at $62.65.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nate Straight

Covington
Louisiana
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Peristarkawan wrote:
AFAIK the 2nd print will have an MSRP of $99, same as the 1st print. Cardhaus is taking preorders at $62.65.

In other words, the list of all changes remains "orange pieces are orange".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.