David S
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
Currently listening to: "Nature Stays Silent" by Cân Bardd
mbmbmbmbmb
Newbie question: If the Filth event card "Heretic's Rebuke" is played, can you then play the event card "Channel Corruption" to mutate the newly-controlled Common Unit without having to pay the summoning cost of the mutation that "Rebuke" requires you to do?

Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon M
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
“Games give you a chance to excel, and if you're playing in good company you don't even mind if you lose because you had the enjoyment of the company during the course of the game.” ― Gary Gygax
mbmbmbmbmb
Each event resolves before the next can be played. You cannot combine or stack event as you described.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seth Trammell
United States
Benton
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Darn, I thought you could blush
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David S
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
Currently listening to: "Nature Stays Silent" by Cân Bardd
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you, Brandon! I recently purchased the Master Set, which I'd had my eye on for quite some time and, after watching "Watch It Played" with Rodney, I finally moved forward with my decision to buy it. I bought the Filth deck at the same time, because they appeared to match my preferred theme, and I was right.

I played my first game last night, when I asked my son to challenge me so I could test out the rules and gameplay. He selected the Mountain Vargath, and we had a really great battle! He's not much of a gamer, but he said he actually really enjoyed it, so I'm hoping we'll have many more battles.

This question came up during said battle, when one of his Rushers drew within range of my Demagogue. I wasn't certain if the event combo were possible, and I didn't want to break the tempo of the gameplay to look it up, so I made the decision that it was not possible. I'm glad I played it correctly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Sitz
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, Brandon has the right of it.

Keep in mind that some events, like the Deep Dwarves' Summoning Surge or Mercenaries' Channeled Summon, have a line that allows you to Summon Units during this Event Phase; it's possible to play other events before going ahead with the summoning.* The wording on CC/HR does not allow it.

*For example, one could play Channeled Summon, Magic Pulse to build more Magic, and then summon Hulgorad next to a Stone Golem, or with the DD, you could use Summoning Surge to get more magic for a Magic Torrent, and then summon something with your remaining magic in the spaces left by dead commons.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.