United States
Augusta TWP
Michigan
flag msg tools
Who has two thumbs and likes Tacos....?
badge
...This Guy!!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
I just got my copy of the brand spankin new australian edition of Le Havre, which includes Le Grand Hameau.

It appears that the LGH might be the exact same version that was being sold seperately, simply added to the box for coolness (and at no added cost apparently whistle)

But like others have pointed out, it included the extra Shipping Line & Smeltery.

But my thought is if this is a new edition that would have been able to fix the problem with the 2nd editions problems, were they simply added because they already had a print set for LGH and it was simply just as easy to include them in the LGH that was being added?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Corban
Canada
Newmarket
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You tell us. You are the one with the new edition of the game. Does it have the errors on the cards in question?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Len
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
"Your so-called kung-fu... is really... quite pathetic"
mbmbmbmbmb
dcorban wrote:
You tell us. You are the one with the new edition of the game. Does it have the errors on the cards in question?

Yeah!

Post pictures of the cards!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Lieffring
United States
Athens
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
kcskedz wrote:
I just got my copy of the brand spankin new australian edition of Le Havre, which includes Le Grand Hameau.

It appears that the LGH might be the exact same version that was being sold seperately, simply added to the box for coolness (and at no added cost apparently whistle)

But like others have pointed out, it included the extra Shipping Line & Smeltery.

But my thought is if this is a new edition that would have been able to fix the problem with the 2nd editions problems, were they simply added because they already had a print set for LGH and it was simply just as easy to include them in the LGH that was being added?

It's my understanding that the second printing of Le Grand Hameau was larger than the second printing of Le Havre, so that LGH will be available for people with the first edition of the game. The economics of printing cards is such that it's cheaper to print the unnecessary cards for the copies that get included with the game than to do a separate run that doesn't include the cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Tveite
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I noticed this last night while playing my new game, comparing the cards from the normal version to the "corrected" versions in the LGH box, they appear identical, so it looks like they corrected them in the new print run, but as you say, printed the entire run or LGH with the new versions of the cards, which makes total sense for simplification/economic reasons as you said.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.