Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jeremy Carrara
United States
Tacoma
Washington
flag msg tools
mb
I know it says that if you overshoot a corner that you can't change lanes upon exiting said corner. My question is can you follow the arrow on the last square of the corner if it offers a lane change upon exiting.

Like this (if the green car overshot)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Malcolm Sleight
United States
Florence
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Yes, you can always follow the arrows when exiting a corner. You cannot change lanes once you are out of the corner, so your diagram is correct.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Carrara
United States
Tacoma
Washington
flag msg tools
mb
ok, thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tor Sverre Lund
Norway
Trondheim
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yup, following the arrows are part of the corner, even the last one out of the corner. But the first space after the corner you enter is the lane you have to stay in for the rest of that move. Not also that in this case, it wouldn't really matter, as you could just change lanes one space earlier and still move to the exact same space.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Teverbaugh
United States
Anderson
Indiana (IN)
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just so there is another voice, my interpretation of the rules is that the pictured move is illegal. My club has always played that you can't change lanes when you overshoot a corner. The first space out of the corner is the first overshoot space and so you need to remain in that lane. It also makes the most sense to me. If you are going faster than suggested going through a corner, then changing lanes should be very difficult.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex DeGuy
Belarus
Gomel
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
rickert wrote:
The first space out of the corner is the first overshoot space and so you need to remain in that lane.

That's exactly what's shown on the picture.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.