Subject: 15% off and FS at PrinterStudio.com rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
d b
United States
De Forest
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
The road is full of flat squirrels, who couldn't make up their mind.
badge
I taught my dog to play Mage Knight... good dog.
mbmbmbmbmb
Get a Thank You from us this week!
Get 15% off + free shipping on any orders!

I'm fairly new to Printer Studio so I don't know how hot of a deal this is, you be the judge.

http://www.printerstudio.com/

Use Code: THANKYOU
Expires: April 19, 2012
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sambardo
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
This looks pretty awesome. Can anyone say how the card quality is?
My gf and I play a lot of gin & crazy eights so a personalized deck could be cute =].

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyle Currie
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
badge
Dignity. Always dignity!
mbmbmbmbmb
I've never used them yet, but Todd Sanders, a popular Print N' Play designer, swears by them. He's posted pictures of the cards, and they seem to be excellent quality

Look at the image gallery for Land of Enin for an example

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Cwikla

Burbank
California
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
I have used both Printer Studio and Artscow and as far as playing card quality, I prefer Printer Studio. To me, the quality of the card, stock, printing and finish are far superior. Plus, I prefer the card size. Artscow playing cards are the size of a normal deck of playing cards, whereas Printer Studio cards are slightly narrower, (1 or 2 mm, but it makes a difference, especially for sleeving) like those that are embraced by the various board game and ccg game companies.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sambardo
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
That's good to know.

This seemed surprisingly cheap for custom cards. I've seen a lot of sites that require 20-50+ decks to be ordered and this is the first one I saw with single decks.

For a custom playing card set that will last this site seemed perfect. I'll probably order 2 if I ever have time to sit down and customize each card...

Is there anyways to make it a "standard deck" and then go through and drop pictures onto them or do I need to photoshop the card symbols onto my pictures first?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Morgan
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just select Playing Cards > Custom Front and Back and then choose your template. It should be pretty self explanatory from there.

I'll jump on the bandwagon and say that I LOVE PS's quality and sizing. I did a pretty big custom project (720 custom cards) and they came out looking fantastic and are of a superior quality to what I've received from Artscow in the past. Not to mention that the total cost was only around $60 shipped. That's unbelievable compared to what I've seen elsewhere (and that wasn't even a sale price).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sambardo
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
Thanks, I missed that bit!

Too bad I missed the sale, but I still think I'll be getting some decks from them. Since $30 nets free shipping I'll make some plans for multiple gifts at the same time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Wright
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
badge
If you're planning on spending more than $30, there's a new coupon good for $10 off any order:

WOMOM
Expires April 26th

I'm a fan of printer studio, I've pretty much abandoned Artscow's cards for them at this point. Here are the faces some of the cards I ordered a little while ago for playtesting The Expanse:

One nice thing is that their printing is very consistent, so when I make graphical tweaks to my cards and order replacements for my playtest decks, the colors in the new batch match the colors from the old batch. This is particularly useful since most of my cards have the same back.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Watson
msg tools
My experience with printer studio was as follows:
- Good color, consistent lines on the card
- Cards are crisp but a little thin and began to warp almost immediately after being taken out of the plastic case

I should also post that I have no experience with any other custom card printing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.