Georg D.
Germany
Höxter
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I try to bundle all information about certain quests a bit.

Before playing the quest I usually think about it. I search for problems which could arise and if it is balanced and fun.

So the following thoughts are without having played the quest. I hope some others perhaps with more experience will chime in and comment my thoughts.

This Scenario seems to be fun. But some things bother me:
- Treasures: the whole dungeon has only copper treasures. That makes it really tough. But as there are no named monsters it is propably doable. But combined with the fact that there are few potions and no money in the dungeon I'm afraid it will be to hard.
Ideas: The treasure in area 6 should be silver - at this moment the fight should be over and it seems anticlimatic to me to have a long dragging fight until the heros get to area 7 (exit). A silver treasure would fasten up this things.
Although the areas with glyph should contain a pair of potions and a pile of gold each.

- Big room slow motion: besides the missing potion to the heros there are some really slow monters in the dungeon (lava beetles, ogres). Combined with the huge room this will be a long and dragging fight.
Idea: At least the turn an area is revealed all monsters in it should get a free dash. (If the OL wants to stall he doesn't have to use it.) Perhaps it is thinkable to give other free dashes at some time?

- Arenafight?: Themewise it should be an arenafight. But I have the feeling is that the best move for the OL is to stall in the rooms and let the heros run. There should be some reward to the OL when the monsters enter the 10x10-tile. Ideas???

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam Welbaum
United States
Garden Grove
California
flag msg tools
I OL'd this one with my group. I made changes that added a lot of time to it, but it was my first time OL'ing and i wanted to try out as many monsters as possible. However, I can say that had I not added the extra chests and the beefed up monsters...this is a worthwhile and super fun quest. I think it'd work fine as it is

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.