Germany
Siegen
NRW
flag msg tools
www.der-ringkrieg.de
badge
www.der-ringkrieg.de
mbmbmbmbmb
After today's tournament game, I just feel like giving a heart-felt shout of appreciation for this great game and its makers.

Thanks to Roberto di Meglio, Marco Maggio and Francesco Nepitello for creating this masterpiece in the first place.

Thanks to Sean McCarthy for creating the wonderful client that enables a lively online community and a level of play that would hardly be thinkable without it.

Thanks to Andrew Poulter for keeping the client alive, well and up to date and enhancing it with lots of cool new features. Also, for simply being an all-around swell guy.

Thanks to Kristofer Bengtsson for creating the go-to WotR website, hosting all kind of great stuff, writing strategy articles and organizing the online ladder.

Thanks to Michael Sosa and Kevin Wojtaszczyk for organizing the online tournament each year. Playing a tournament game just has that extra edge of excitement.

Thanks to Kevin Chapman for patiently and unfailingly answering the myriad of questions that crop up from new and old players about the WotR rules.

Thanks to all the other players who've contributed to the game as testers or helper with the client. You've been making my favorite game what it is today.

Thanks to all the people I've played on- and offline for being great sports and teaching me all kind of stuff about the game.

Thanks to all members of the BGG community for keeping this place friendly and vibrant. It's an amazing thing to have this world-wide community.

And an extra thanks to the one-and-only Magic Geek for having the courage to just drop by a stranger in a foreign land for a handful of games, handing me my arse in my first games outside my local and comfortable gaming community, and giving me the impetus to really improve my game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Young
United States
Antioch
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I agree.
Thanks everyone.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony Kotler
United States
Miami
Florida
flag msg tools
I Love Heavy Dry Soulless Euros!!!
badge
When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. That's my religion.
mbmbmbmbmb
Well said! Even though time pressures didn't let me participate in this year's tournament, I want to say that the War of the Ring community here on BGG is simply put... AWESOME!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Poulter
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Have to add to this one.
It's fantastic that the game is so well supported and loved. I would like to thank Ralf as well for a lot of hard work to get the German client working and some really cool stuff coming in the next version
And of course there are many people who help me to keep the client progressing too.

I am looking forward to more to come over the next few years too!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristofer Bengtsson
Sweden
Kävlinge
flag msg tools
designer
War of the Ring: Official FAQ Master! Webmaster of www.warofthering.eu Author of the War of the Ring Companion
badge
- This is My Hour!
mbmbmbmbmb
Ralf, you forgot this one:

Thanks to Ralf Schemmann for the hard work he has put into making WotR a better game by participating in playtesting and the work he is doing to bring it to the German speaking part of the boardgaming world.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.