9 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » PBEM » Werewolf

Subject: Twilight Imperium 3 ..? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ron
United States
flag msg tools
So after playing Arkham Horror via Cassy and her physics engine, I am interested in running Twilight Imperium 3 in a similar manner.

If I get (at least) six folks that post saying they want to play, I'll do what it takes to get the game up and running.

For reference:

Fantasy Flight Games's webpage:
http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/edge_minisite.asp?eidm=21

BGG's:
http://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/12493/twilight-imperium-t...

Specific optional rules and all that will be dealt with once I see that players are interested. Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Last Post Bandit
Canada
flag msg tools
badge
I like toast
mbmbmbmbmb
thumbsup

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Corrin
Canada
Kitchener
Ontario
flag msg tools
Traveller Werewolf - more games planned
badge
Still have werewolf games in sign-up.
mbmbmbmbmb
thumbsupthumbsup

(I also have all the physics set up for a pandemic/werewolf mix game, looking for interest in that as well)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
She-Hulk
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm interested. Is this just a PBF game in the WW forum or does it involve WW mechanics in some way? (That question should be read as completely not loaded.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Woll
United States
Toledo
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow werewolf and TI3 are my top 2 favorite games!

I would be interested but I don't own a copy of the game so would that be a problem?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
She-Hulk
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm definitely interested. I'm only familiar with the base game but can read up on whatever we want to add on.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Corrin
Canada
Kitchener
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
greek2me wrote:
I'm definitely interested. I'm only familiar with the base game but can read up on whatever we want to add on.

I was hoping that there would be some sort of hidden movement, with one only knowing what was within a hex or two of their own territory.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Fournier
United States
Belmont
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mb
It's an interesting idea, but I'm not sure secret movement would really track with TI:3. You have the issue with the role choice providing some information, the Victory Track being fairly opaque lacking vision, and combat really isn't designed for it. Fleets really can't be purposed well for scouting/combat/colonization in their chunky granularity.

Now, something like Space Empires: 4X would be much better suited for such.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Corrin
Canada
Kitchener
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
nyriv wrote:
It's an interesting idea, but I'm not sure secret movement would really track with TI:3. You have the issue with the role choice providing some information, the Victory Track being fairly opaque lacking vision, and combat really isn't designed for it. Fleets really can't be purposed well for scouting/combat/colonization in their chunky granularity.

Now, something like Space Empires: 4X would be much better suited for such.

That is another game idea I have been developing, but using Starfire rather than SE rules. See here - just waiting for enough interest

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.