World of Warcraft: The Boardgame» Forums » Rules

Subject: Hunter's Feign Death rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Metalwow ftw
Peru
flag msg tools
Hi
i wans wondering if casting Feign Death (hunter power in Shadow of War exp) ends the combat against a monster.

hope u answer

bye
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zarir Khosh
msg tools
Hi Metalwow

No, you will not end combat.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Metalwow ftw
Peru
flag msg tools
What's the purpose of the power then?
in which moment, i should cast it?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zarir Khosh
msg tools
There are quite a few situations where it's usable.

An example:
Imagine you are fighting against a Archmage Arugal (from Shadowfang Keep - Stage 2). One of the abilities is:
End Of Each Reroll Step
The active character must lose 1 Health and 1 Energy for each 1 (all colors) and 2 (all colors) result. Dice showing such results are placed aside and may not be rolled again this combat by any character.

Now if you rolled 1's and 2's you might have killed yourself and Feign Death might come in handy here.

The great thing about Feign Death is that the timing is great for higher level bosses. Many of the higher level bosses have abilities that "punish" you at "End of Dice Pool step", which is before you can reroll. Feign Death lets you negate that boss ability for that current combat round.

With that said, I don't use that power that often. I'd rather take my chances and go for offensive powers. I guess it's about playstyle and risk.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Metalwow ftw
Peru
flag msg tools
WOW!!!
best explanation ever, you're great,Zarir, thanks A LOT.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.