Alex Bagosy
United States
Ladera Ranch
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just curious about this. I have been trying to get a copy for some time, with no luck, but are the rules available anywhere?

-Alex
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay Quirk
Canada
Kanata
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Unfortunately, no, it doesn't look like it. Many of us have tried, but the only version is in the actual game- which is extremely hard to get hold of.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike
United States
Olathe
Kansas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I wish someone who owns the game would post the rules at least.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David desJardins
United States
Burlingame
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
TheDarkKnight wrote:
I wish someone who owns the game would post the rules at least.

I've wanted to do this in the past for other out-of-print games that I own, but, unfortunately, the BGG terms of service that you have to agree to when you upload files, don't permit it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Flying Arrow
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
While the rules aren't posted, most of them are covered in the reviews, session reports, summary card, etc. You can't play the game with just the rulebook - half of the rules come from the heroes' abilities. There are quite a few customs posted, though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Andersen
Denmark
Valby
Danmark
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, and people who has the game are completely anal about not sharing the rules with anybody else. Guess they feel they're members of a very special club.

I respect copyrights, but when the author is unreachable and the game seems totally dead, I find it pretty stingy, when people won't even share the rules, so others can see what the hype is about.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David desJardins
United States
Burlingame
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
simombo wrote:
Yeah, and people who has the game are completely anal about not sharing the rules with anybody else.

I see no evidence of this. Again, BGG does not allow them to share the rules here.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
that Matt
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
I'm a quitter. I come from a long line of quitters. It's amazing I'm here at all.
badge
I can feel bits of my brain falling away like wet cake.
mbmbmbmb
DaviddesJ wrote:
simombo wrote:
Yeah, and people who has the game are completely anal about not sharing the rules with anybody else.

I see no evidence of this. Again, BGG does not allow them to share the rules here.

Well, there are BGG uploads... and then there are email attachments. ninja
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Loblah
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
mb
simombo wrote:
Yeah, and people who has the game are completely anal about not sharing the rules with anybody else. Guess they feel they're members of a very special club.

I respect copyrights, but when the author is unreachable and the game seems totally dead, I find it pretty stingy, when people won't even share the rules, so others can see what the hype is about.

I can't speak for anybody else, but, for me personally, I simply think giving out the rulebook while it is still possible for the creator to do a reprint is wrong.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike
United States
Olathe
Kansas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The creator pretty much does not give a crap about this game. Why would he care?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Everything between now and the next game is just killing time
England
London
Agitation
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
TheDarkKnight wrote:
The creator pretty much does not give a crap about this game. Why would he care?

Who cares if he cares? I care.
I'm not going to break my own moral code to help you break the law.

(Note that as previously pointed out, the rules are 'detailed' in reviews posted on this site)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Was George Orwell an Optimist?
United States
Corvallis
Oregon
flag msg tools
Benny Golson - Groovin' with Golson
badge
Fall Back Down When I Die - Joe Wilkins
mbmbmbmbmb
TheDarkKnight wrote:

How do you know whether he cares or not?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike
United States
Olathe
Kansas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
How do you know he doesn't? I have tried to contact him through his website and no replies. Anyone who does respond is pretty cryptic about what is going on there. I personally don't really care. I think the people who have the game act like they are really "up on" everyone else. LOL!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike
United States
Olathe
Kansas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Matchstickman wrote:
TheDarkKnight wrote:

Who cares if he cares? I care.
I'm not going to break my own moral code to help you break the law.

(Note that as previously pointed out, the rules are 'detailed' in reviews posted on this site)

Easy there little one. I did not ask anyone to break the law. I just don't think the rules to this game are a government secret. You can lock them in a vault somewhere for all I care. C&C is not the end all be all of games. LOL! I am going to go get my boots on while standing in this muck.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Corvallis
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
TheDarkKnight wrote:
How do you know he doesn't?

I assume you meant to ask how I know that he does, but I've made no claims either way. You're the one that said he doesn't care, and I was curious how you would know that.

TheDarkKnight wrote:
I have tried to contact him through his website and no replies. Anyone who does respond is pretty cryptic about what is going on there. I personally don't really care. I think the people who have the game act like they are really "up on" everyone else. LOL!

I don't think the game owners are out of line. I don't own the game, but don't begrudge those who do. We can't have everything we want, can we?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Corvallis
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
TheDarkKnight wrote:
Easy there little one. I did not ask anyone to break the law. I just don't think the rules to this game are a government secret.

The game rules are covered by copyright law, and site rules preclude uploading them without explicit consent of the copyright holder. I understand that you want them, but you have no beef with people who own the game and don't give you a copy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike
United States
Olathe
Kansas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The only beef I have is his tone. This thread doesn't need a troll. I dont like the implications. whistle

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Flying Arrow
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
TheDarkKnight wrote:
The only beef I have is his tone. This thread doesn't need a troll. I dont like the implications. whistle

Easy there, little one. I don't think there was anything wrong with his tone. whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Flying Arrow
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sphere wrote:
TheDarkKnight wrote:

How do you know whether he cares or not?

Apparently, there was a take-down request from the publisher at one point for something that was posted. I wasn't part of it, but someone mentioned it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Everything between now and the next game is just killing time
England
London
Agitation
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
TheDarkKnight wrote:

I'm not sure how to respond to this or how wise it is to do so but I will.

I will not send anyone a scanned copy of the rules because I personally do not think I have the right to do so. It would irk me if someone else did so unless they had the permission from the relevant creators/rights holders but I would not do anything to stop it.
I have no problem paraphrasing the rules and putting them up somewhere, perhaps in a review, like the ones published here on BGG.

As to the implications? I know not of what you speak.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Franklin
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
Just to be clear, the details of copyright law vary from country to country, so what is fair use in one country might not be fair dealing in another one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike
United States
Olathe
Kansas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You implied I asked you for the rules by quoting my post. Maybe you don't understand. I think these rules amount to a molehill. I could care less. You can't play the game with the rules alone. Board game publishers mak their rules available all the time because rules alone make a game not. You need the cards, bits, etc. it's ridiculous to think the rules being floated around will damage the game. And I see no indication the creator "gives a hoot" about this game.

And, if I'm going to have someone break their moral code (LOL!), it damn sure ain't gonna be for a set of rules for a board game. REALLY! Get off your high horse and find something else to preach about. It's a freaking game. A game that doesn't appear that good from what is shwn on BGG.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
that Matt
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
I'm a quitter. I come from a long line of quitters. It's amazing I'm here at all.
badge
I can feel bits of my brain falling away like wet cake.
mbmbmbmb
TheDarkKnight wrote:
And I see no indication the creator "gives a hoot" about this game.

I'm no ornithologist, but I figure a tweet is at least two-thirds of a hoot...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike
United States
Olathe
Kansas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
tumorous wrote:
TheDarkKnight wrote:
And I see no indication the creator "gives a hoot" about this game.

I'm no ornithologist, but I figure a tweet is at least two-thirds of a hoot...

I may stand corrected, yet. You'll hopefully indulge my reluctance to hold my breath.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Loblah
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
mb
TheDarkKnight wrote:
Get off your high horse and find something else to preach about. It's a freaking game. A game that doesn't appear that good from what is shwn on BGG.

I'm not so sure others are on a high horse.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.