Talorien
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I just came across these outstanding historical/ design diary geeklists again:

Battle of the Frozen Lakes: The Winter War Battle of Tolvajärvi. part 1: Prelude to War, and Nov 30 - Dec 8, 1939

Battle of the Frozen Lakes: The Winter War Battle of Tolvajärvi. part 2: December 9-11, 1939

Battle of the Frozen Lakes: The Winter War Battle of Tolvajärvi. part 3: December 12, 1939

-------------------------------------------------------------------

If you're a WW2/Military history buff, do yourself a favour and check these out.

They're packed with a ton of maps, detail and photos, in an engaging style, of this fascinating campaign.

Part 1 got a lot of attention.

But Parts 2 and 3, which are just as good, were under-apppreciated (only 17 thumbs on the latter).

I think it just came out at a bad time and got buried.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

They called it the 'Sausage War'

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ethan McKinney
United States
El Segundo
California
flag msg tools
badge
Rulebook and playbook layout are going to be final in another day or two ...

The historical notes and designer's notes are huge, but you've seen most of them if you've followed the 1000 posts Mark has made here. OK, maybe it's worthwhile to buy the game just to get them in consolidated form!

It's coming soon, folks, it's coming soon.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wesley
Nepal
Aberdeen
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
yeah! As 'moi' made these counters of which YOU could even 'design' something with such? I have several in 'mind' myself as any, while if another wanted to USE these for theirs, and might then MAKE more to suit what you'll devise, since everything has parameters of your intents & purposes. The entire 'suite' is generic overall, as some Unit could represent whatever level or echelon then, with *markers* and HQs configured as required, to the specifics with many "Scenarios".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Talorien
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Aargh, got the link wrong for Part 3 in the OP.

It's correct now.

ninja
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam H
Canada
Québec
flag msg tools
Every weirdo in the world is on my wavelength
badge
We carry a new world here, in our hearts.
mbmbmbmbmb
Those are great lists! Thanks for sharing them here.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.