Recommend
5 
 Thumb up
 Hide
12 Posts

Nuklear Winter '68» Forums » Rules

Subject: Assaulting APC carrying infantry rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Alessio Lerro
United States
Ewing
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
If an enemy unit assaults an APC carrying infantry, can the enemy unit decide to assault the infantry (for example to receive the +2AV in clear hexes)?

I would say no, because the infantry is riding inside the vehicle, but I just wanted to be sure.

Thanks
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan
United States
flag msg tools
1 Player hardcore
badge
Lone Warrior
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
alzazello wrote:
If an enemy unit assaults an APC carrying infantry, can the enemy unit decide to assault the infantry (for example to receive the +2AV in clear hexes)?

I would say no, because the infantry is riding inside the vehicle, but I just wanted to be sure.

Thanks


d10-1 I agree. 2.3.3.2 Armored Personnel Carriers states: While transported, the Infantry unit suffers the combat effects of the APC transporting it.

Without specifically confirming your opinion, it does definitely imply that transported infantry can't be targeted separately. I think this applies to both range fire and assault attacks. Plus, it just makes sense that you couldn't target the transported infantry.

d10-2 You question led me to another one. If an APC transporting an infantry unit is close assaulted, does the transported infantry unit qualify to lend assisting suppressive fire for +1 DV for the APC (5.4 Assault)?

I think it would, as in 2.3.3.2, the rules allow a transported infantry unit to add +1FP to the APC's overall AV.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Petre Tutunea
Romania
flag msg tools
designer
Avatar
Ryanmobile wrote:
Without specifically confirming your opinion, it does definitely imply that transported infantry can't be targeted separately. I think this applies to both range fire and assault attacks. Plus, it just makes sense that you couldn't target the transported infantry.


You are correct, transported infantry cannot be targeted separately from the APC carrying it.

Ryanmobile wrote:
If an APC transporting an infantry unit is close assaulted, does the transported infantry unit qualify to lend assisting suppressive fire for +1 DV for the APC (5.4 Assault)?


No, the transported infantry cannot provide +1DV to its own APC during assaults.

The rule in 5.4 Assault states that stacked units defending together do so as a group with the second unit assisting the assaulted one. Transported infantry is not considered as being stacked with its own APC and does not count towards the hex's stacking limit.
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan
United States
flag msg tools
1 Player hardcore
badge
Lone Warrior
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Malvictis wrote:
Ryanmobile wrote:
If an APC transporting an infantry unit is close assaulted, does the transported infantry unit qualify to lend assisting suppressive fire for +1 DV for the APC (5.4 Assault)?


No, the transported infantry cannot provide +1DV to its own APC during assaults.

The rule in 5.4 Assault states that stacked units defending together do so as a group with the second unit assisting the assaulted one. Transported infantry is not considered as being stacked with its own APC and does not count towards the hex's stacking limit.


Thanks for clearing up my misunderstanding, Petre. Sometimes I do more harm than good. blush whistle
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alessio Lerro
United States
Ewing
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
THis means then that transported infantry can not provide the +1AV either? but if the infantry unloads can then give its support to the APC during the same impulse?

Thanks

2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Petre Tutunea
Romania
flag msg tools
designer
Avatar
alzazello wrote:
THis means then that transported infantry can not provide the +1AV either? but if the infantry unloads can then give its support to the APC during the same impulse?


The transported infantry being able to grant +1AV to its APC is an exception to the stacking/group firing standard, hence the additional rule. The simplest way I can put it is to think of the (full strength) transported infantry as a +1AV bonus marker, similar to the High Morale one.

Transported infantry is marked as Finished immediately after it disembarks, regardless of whether it moves 1 hex away or not, therefore it cannot assist right away during the same impulse.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alessio Lerro
United States
Ewing
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
All clear now. Thanks.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Walker
United States
Henry
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
'65 Squad Level Combat in Vietnam. On Kickstarter!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
Thanks for clearing up my misunderstanding, Petre. Sometimes I do more harm than good.


No you don't. We both appreciate that you chip in. Thanks.

Thanks to you also, Petre for being so quick with the answers.
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan
United States
flag msg tools
1 Player hardcore
badge
Lone Warrior
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Mark Holt Walker wrote:
Quote:
Thanks for clearing up my misunderstanding, Petre. Sometimes I do more harm than good.


No you don't. We both appreciate that you chip in. Thanks.

Thanks to you also, Petre for being so quick with the answers.


It's great to find a forum where the designer/developer/publisher folks are so responsive and helpful with resolving questions. Makes me value the game even more. Thanks a lot guys!
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alessio Lerro
United States
Ewing
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
That's why you can be sure that very LnL game is a blast because there is always a wonderful, attentive and responsive team behind it



Ryanmobile wrote:
Mark Holt Walker wrote:
Quote:
Thanks for clearing up my misunderstanding, Petre. Sometimes I do more harm than good.


No you don't. We both appreciate that you chip in. Thanks.

Thanks to you also, Petre for being so quick with the answers.


It's great to find a forum where the designer/developer/publisher folks are so responsive and helpful with resolving questions. Makes me value the game even more. Thanks a lot guys!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan
United States
flag msg tools
1 Player hardcore
badge
Lone Warrior
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
alzazello wrote:
That's why you can be sure that very LnL game is a blast because there is always a wonderful, attentive and responsive team behind it



Ryanmobile wrote:
Mark Holt Walker wrote:
Quote:
Thanks for clearing up my misunderstanding, Petre. Sometimes I do more harm than good.


No you don't. We both appreciate that you chip in. Thanks.

Thanks to you also, Petre for being so quick with the answers.


It's great to find a forum where the designer/developer/publisher folks are so responsive and helpful with resolving questions. Makes me value the game even more. Thanks a lot guys!


I've noticed the same on some other LnL game forums I've spent some time on, most notably All Things Zombie: The Boardgame (which I own & play) and Space Infantry (which I will own soon, I swear!).
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Walker
United States
Henry
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
'65 Squad Level Combat in Vietnam. On Kickstarter!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Space Infantry will be back in stock in May.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.