Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kim Williams
United Kingdom
St Just
Cornwall
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Our whole family are loving this game, and have played it multiple times each day since purchase. I like the idea of matching drink, music etc. to the games we're playing, and this led me to then thinking of the following variant.

Pre-game set-up:

Aquire mead, real ale, or other suitable tavern beverage.

Game Play:

Every time you send one of your agents to a different tavern, inn, or nightclub you have a drink (it seems pretty rude just to walk into a tavern, gather some adventurers and then walk out again without buying a drink first!) That makes a potential five different drinking establishments to frequent - Cliffwatch Inn, The Grinning Lion Tavern, the House of Good Spirits, The Three Pearls, and the Yawning Portal.

You could also have a rule that addressed the 'free drink' intrigue card as well.

For an extreme version, you could also take a drink whenever you return your agents back to your own tavern at the end of each round.

Playtesting:

Sadly my husband doesn't really drink, and my other game partners are my children, so I have been unable to do any playtesting of this variant (It would really damage my good track record at this game if I was the only one doing it), but I think it would be great fun given the right people, and add a greater sense of immersion in the theme!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marty Devine
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I like the cut of your jib!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Middleton
United States
Laramie
Wyoming
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ha Ha. This is great.

Reminds me of college when friends and I would watch Rambo as a drinking game. Take a shot each time someone is killed. 1 for Vietnamese, 2 for Russian, and 4 every time a vet is killed.

Morbid and not politically correct but entertaining none-the-less.

Works well in Commando also.

There are part where you can't even keep up with the killing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brett Austin
Japan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Is this the same vibe you can get from taking a shot every time a smurf says "smurf ..." in one of their cartoons?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Manuel Ingeland
Sweden
Uppsala
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I like the idea...and the fact that it's not the husband for once

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Schaeffer
United States
Unspecified
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I would almost certainly try this variant, except that our game nights are generally pretty drinky as it is. I don't think we would notice the difference.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.