Popular Tags: [View All]
Drew Dallas
United States
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
blackomatic wrote:
let's say I have build a deck with Legolas because I know I may encounter the Goblin Archer (RtoR). Legolas' attack is 3 and the archer's defense is 3 so i have attached Rivendale Blade (or Darrowdelf Axe or whatever). It doesn't make sense that Legolas should be able to use a sword in a ranged attack but there is nothing in the rules to prevent it. What do we think?
What do we think about what? As you say the rules don't specify a ranged/melee attack value so I'm not sure what the rules question is here.

blackomatic wrote:
also, can i attach TWO rivendale blades to the same character? or two Darrowdelf axes?
Sure
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Mills
United States
Los Angeles
CA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Rule 1 of answering rules questions: Do not use theme to interpret the rules. It will only end in tears.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony Fanchi
United States
Saint Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
blackomatic wrote:
also, can i attach TWO rivendale blades to the same character? or two Darrowdelf axes?

They are restricted, so the character can have up to two, but no more (or the character could have one of each).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bart Rachemoss
United States
Silver City
New Mexico
flag msg tools
Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts.
mbmbmbmbmb
As far as theme is concerned, you can imagine Legolas pawned (or reforged) the blade(s) in order to get some very high quality arrows.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamie Riehl
United States
Eau Claire
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
BitJam wrote:
As far as theme is concerned, you can imagine Legolas pawned (or reforged) the blade(s) in order to get some very high quality arrows.

I like to think of ranged as representing not just ranged combat, but also the character's ability to hustle over to other areas of the battlefield.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.