Popular Tags: [View All]
Dirk Moors
Belgium
Dilsen-Stokkem
Limburg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've read the rulebook, I've even translated and summarized it, but when I started yesterday with my first game, lots of questions came to my mind. I've tried looking it up in the rulebook but not everthing was that easy to find.

- If an investigator moves into a location with a monster and a gate, does he have to fight the monster before being sucked into the other world
- I met a monster that at that time for me was unbeatable
- If you end your movementphase in a location with a gate, being sucked into it to the other world, does this count as a movement point?

I'm sorry for the silly questions ...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Conor Hickey
Ireland
Dublin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
dirkiedick wrote:
I've read the rulebook, I've even translated and summarized it, but when I started yesterday with my first game, lots of questions came to my mind. I've tried looking it up in the rulebook but not everthing was that easy to find.

- If an investigator moves into a location with a monster and a gate, does he have to fight the monster before being sucked into the other world
- I met a monster that at that time for me was unbeatable
- If you end your movementphase in a location with a gate, being sucked into it to the other world, does this count as a movement point?

I'm sorry for the silly questions ...

a) yes if you move to a location with a gate and monster you must fight or evade the monster as this happens at the end of your Movement Phase. Then in the Arkham Encounter Phase, which follows Movement, you go through the gate if you are still at the location.

Some monsters can be unbeatable depending on stats and your equipment etc., if so avoid it!! This is pretty faithful to the Mythos where most people do their best not to get into fights with hideous things from other dimensions.

b) no this does not count as a movement point as you finished movement on the location, you don't get sucked through until the next phase.

Oft repeated advice when learning the rules is: follow the Phases as listed in the rule book, this clears up about 3/4 of questions that arise.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emmanouil Giampouras
United Kingdom
Manchester
Lancashire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
A Newbie FAQ - 21 things a new AH player might want to have in mind
This thread can be very-very usefull for beginers (it was for me...)!!!

Agreed with the above. You cannot kill all the monsters!
Learn what you have to do in every phase and it would be easy after that!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dirk Moors
Belgium
Dilsen-Stokkem
Limburg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thx guys!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dirk Moors
Belgium
Dilsen-Stokkem
Limburg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Back again with on odd question, I can't find the video section anymore Normally it is listed above, next to images/forum/ ...

Do I need new glasses?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Lawson
United Kingdom
Yateley
Hampshire
flag msg tools
designer
dirkiedick wrote:
Back again with on odd question, I can't find the video section anymore Normally it is listed above, next to images/forum/ ...

Do I need new glasses?

Video section? Do you mean the Arkham Horror Video Gallery

For me, it's where it normally is, on the Arkham Horror "front page" below the Images and above the Forum section,
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dirk Moors
Belgium
Dilsen-Stokkem
Limburg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If I go to Arkham Horror (BGG)

The menu doesn't show the same choices as a few days ago

I only see:

Arkham Horror
Jump To: Entry | Info | Forum | Desc | More Info | Linked Items | Images | Linked Forums | GeekLists | Blogs

I'm missing videos, files, ...

?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dirk Moors
Belgium
Dilsen-Stokkem
Limburg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It has fixed itself. I'm in the dark about how or what, but I can see it al again now.

Thx BGG
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bart Rachemoss
United States
Silver City
New Mexico
flag msg tools
Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts.
mbmbmbmbmb
dirkiedick wrote:
It has fixed itself. I'm in the dark about how or what, but I can see it al again now.

This is an early sign that a rift is forming in your area.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.