Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Greg Ottoman
United States
Eugene
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In Ryan and my learning game, we has a situation where a space was activated for attack and it was at max stacking with 3 units (2 Army and 1 Corp). Another unit (an Army)moved into the space over a road 2, attempted to move on to another space but was stopped after failing it's road 2 roll.

Now we have 4 units in the attacking space. Is the unit that moved and was stopped in the attacking space eliminated? Can the owner of the 4 units select one to eliminate (although that seems to violate the prohibition on having a moving unit stop in an attacking space)?

Greg
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dampenon Fabien
France
Paris
flag msg tools
badge
Rookies talk about strategy, Grognards about Logistics
mbmbmbmbmb
I think 10.33 is applying : Stacking requirements must be met after movement (stacking can be violated during movement). Any units eliminated for overstacking are OOS-Eliminated.

But you're right, in 10.2 : Units may move thru but not end their movement in a space activated for combat...

So, my "house rule" in this case seems to allow moving player to try to move out of the combat-activated space by road-2 but, in case of failure, to prime 10.33 over 10.2

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Ottoman
United States
Eugene
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks, but the issue is he moved into the space over a road-2 connection, failed the roll to continue moving to the next space, and was "stuck" in the attack activated space, in an overstack situation. So, really, he already made and failed the roll to leave the attacking, overstacked space.

If he's eliminated OOS, I guess the lesson is don't try to move into a space at maximum stacking already, over a road-2.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Dockter
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
gottoman wrote:
Thanks, but the issue is he moved into the space over a road-2 connection, failed the roll to continue moving to the next space, and was "stuck" in the attack activated space, in an overstack situation. So, really, he already made and failed the roll to leave the attacking, overstacked space.

If he's eliminated OOS, I guess the lesson is don't try to move into a space at maximum stacking already, over a road-2.

He's eliminated OOS; such is the nature of tempting fate with the dreaded Road 2 rule devil Or, such is life.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Dupree
United States
Coon Rapids
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ok, quickly, how about the same situation, moving over the road 2, except the units do not overstack (sorry Greg, check your eyes). I.E. 1 army and 1 corps in the space activated for combat, 1 army attempting to move through on a Road-2, failed roll. Still elim OOS?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Ottoman
United States
Eugene
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ryan is correct, the stack lokoed bigger that it was, so the unit stops in the space activated for combat, not in an overstack, but it does violate the rule in 10.2 stating "unit may move thru but not end their movement in a space activated for combat".

Seems reasonable the unit should return to the space it started at when it failed the road 2 check, otherwise it either stays in the attacking space and doesn't contribute to the attack, but that raises questions about if it can absorb damage, a counter-attack, etc. Last option is it's destroyed, and if so elim OOS or regular elim?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Dockter
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
gottoman wrote:
Ryan is correct, the stack lokoed bigger that it was, so the unit stops in the space activated for combat, not in an overstack, but it does violate the rule in 10.2 stating "unit may move thru but not end their movement in a space activated for combat".

Seems reasonable the unit should return to the space it started at when it failed the road 2 check, otherwise it either stays in the attacking space and doesn't contribute to the attack, but that raises questions about if it can absorb damage, a counter-attack, etc. Last option is it's destroyed, and if so elim OOS or regular elim?

Haven't heard of that happening before...7 years after publishing

The unit (that failed its Road 2 roll) could not participate in the attack (in any way) - that much is clear. Two options: leave it in the space or return it to the space it entered prior to the space activated for combat. I'd rule return it to space it entered prior to the space activated for combat.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.