pudge74 grand
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
My buddy and I play CoH and really enjoy it as we are on FF #8 in AtB.

We would like to some all urban combat though and to be honest I don't see any within building or between building firefights in PoH or SoS which between my buddy and we both own.

Recommendations?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
R Hilton
United States
Sarasota
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I share your interest, and have had to improvise. Do you own Combat Commander, the Stalingrad expansion? If so, the maps from the CC series work quite well with CoH units and rules, in terms of scale and aesthetics. And the maps from the Stalingrad module may be just what you are looking for, in terms of providing for lots of urban combat. One suggestion, CC and CoH have somewhat different LOS conventions, and I suggest using the CC approach to determine whether obstacles in a hex hinder LOS, because the maps were drawn with that convention in mind.

And in terms of unit types and number, the order of battle from the different CC scenarios can be used as a guide to determine which CoH units to use. Likewise, information from each scenario can be used to set victory conditions and such things as CAP allowances.

I have tried it, and it works well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
uwe eickert
United States
Fremont
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
We have some full urban maps in development. I will keep you updated on their progress. We will be posting the 2nd Edition rules set for AtB this week. In it we include point values for units.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.