I will not rest until Biblios is in the Top 100. - Steve Oksienik
United States
Howell
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
Well I been watchin' while you been coughin, I've been drinking life while you've been nauseous, and so I drink to health while you kill yourself and I got just one thing that I can offer... Go on and save yourself and take it out on me
mbmbmbmbmb
Right now, gamers have their choice of two new games which take a unique approach to worker placement: The Manhattan Project (Minion Games) and Lords of Waterdeep (Wizards of the Coast). I think both of these games each offer their own twist on this genre, but I also feel that they're similar enough to not warrant needing both of them so we're going to pit them against each other in a showdown across several articles highlighting a few key aspects.

Read part 1 of the Showdown over at www.theboardgamereviewer.com.

As always, you can follow us on Twitter @bgamereviewer to get updates on new reviews and articles.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Schreiber
United States
Waynesville
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Tolerance for ambiguity is the first step in maturity.
mbmbmbmbmb
Timely subject!

I find myself wondering just how many worker placement games is too much given I really seem to enjoy this general category of games so much.

After a recent first play of Lords of Waterdeep, I have been quite eager for more of it---feeling there might be some hidden depth under the immediateness and basic transparency of how the game plays. It's fine as it is, but I am curious if there's more.

I am dreading with my tongue-in-cheek that you'll turn me on yo Manhattan Project.

Either way, I look forward to the next in this series...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Howell
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
Well I been watchin' while you been coughin, I've been drinking life while you've been nauseous, and so I drink to health while you kill yourself and I got just one thing that I can offer... Go on and save yourself and take it out on me
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks, Chris. I'm hoping to give my readers some great information. I'd love to give you a recommendation but you'll have to wait for that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Andersen
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Good stuff thumbsup

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Howell
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks, Andy. Plenty more to come. I didn't want to just give each of these a review, I wanted to do something different. I hope it works for all of you reading the blog.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.