5 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Game Groups » United States » West

Subject: Call of Cthulhu LCG Demo at Guardian Games June 2nd rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
United States
flag msg tools
mbmb
I'm hosting a Call of Cthulhu LCG demo at Guardian Games in Portland, Oregon on Saturday, June 2nd. No experience or cards necessary.

I'll be giving away free Domain and Story cards to all participants!

WHERE? Guardian Games (www.ggportland.com)

WHEN? Saturday, June 2nd

WHAT TIME? 1-5 PM

WHAT TO BRING? Your deck, domain markers, success tokens, and a set of story cards. If you don't own any cards, not to worry. I'll have several decks and all the required bits on hand for beginners to try out.

Whether you're a CoC veteran looking to get ready for the upcoming Regional Championships or a novice that wants to dive into a great game, stop by for an afternoon of Mythos madness. We'll be playing at the back of the store in the bar because, well, Cthulhu is better with beer.

Any questions? Post them here or contact me at ravone@comcast.net.

Sincerely,

Matt
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
mbmb
Re: Call of Cthulhu LCG Demo at Guardian Games (Portland)
To answer some questions I've received:

Q: Does it cost anything to attend?

A: Not a dime. In fact, I'm giving away free stuff to those who show up. However, if we're playing in the bar you may want to bring some beer money.

Q: Are proxies allowed?

A: Yes, proxies are perfectly acceptable.

This is a low-stress, all-inclusive event that will focus on teaching the rules, answering questions, and "warming-up" for the big tournament at Guardian Games on Saturday, June 23rd.

So, if you a have a deck you want to test out against other people, even if it's not 100% complete, definitely bring it. We'll be getting in as many games against as many different opponents as we can.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
mbmb
This event turned out be a bit hit! We had 9 people show up, we played games, drank beers, and even hooked a brand-new player.

It looks like everyone wants to rack it up again, so another "Cthulhu is Calling" day is in the works for early May.

If you're in the area and want to give the game a try, or just test out your skills for the upcoming Regional Championship, come on down.

More details will be forthcoming when I firm up the date and time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
mbmb
Cthulhu is Calling yet again. Yep, I guess you can't keep an eternally slumbering Ancient One down.

The event is taking place on Saturday, May 12th at Guardian Games from 1-5 PM. As usual, you'll find us playing in the bar at the back of the store.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
mbmb
June 2nd will be our last big practice session before the regional championship on June 23rd.

If you haven't played yet, come on down, grab a beer and try a game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.