Hide
6 Posts

Cosmic Encounter» Forums » News

Subject: The Nightmare - Power to Recur - Now discussed on Facebook! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris O
msg tools
Pixeling ain't easy, but someone's gotta do it...
badge
LION OF JUDAH
mbmbmbmbmb
The link: http://www.facebook.com/cosmicencounter

This is hailed as one of my best home-brews, originally it was my attempt at a Witch remake, but stands on its own now. Thanks to Bill Martinson for his epic wordsmithing.

[_] NIGHTMARE Forces Play Of Losing Card [_]

You have the power to Recur. As a main player, after you lose an encounter, you may use this power to place your encounter card face-up next to that player's alien sheet as a "nightmare." The nightmare is not part of that player's hand.

Any main player who has a nightmare next to his or her sheet must play it as his or her encounter card, if possible. If that player loses an encounter or fails to deal while playing a nightmare, the nightmare transfers to his or her opponent's alien sheet, unless that opponent is you. Otherwise the nightmare is discarded like any other encounter card.

When the offense has a nightmare next to his or her sheet and you are the defense, before encounter cards are selected, the nightmare is discarded.

Throughout the countless incursions where entire colonies and worlds have been mercilessly laid waste, the begrudged revenants of the forgotten dead merge behind the veil of space. This avatar horrifically returns the violence and shattered dreams the cosmos has collectively inflicted upon it back into the living plane as a true nightmare.

Main Player Only Optional
Start Turn Regroup Destiny Launch Alliance Planning Reveal Resolution

Wild: As a main player or ally, after your side loses an encounter, you may force the opposing main player to take a card of your choice from your hand to place into his or hers.
Main Player Or Ally Only Resolution

Super: You may use your power after you win an encounter, placing your opponent's losing encounter card next to his or her alien sheet as a nightmare.
Main Player Only Resolution
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Pseudonym
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Looks great! Although I really don't understand the need for this line:
Messianic wrote:

When the offense has a nightmare next to his or her sheet and you are the defense, before encounter cards are selected, the nightmare is discarded.

Am I missing something that would make this a broken power if this line was removed? It seems unnecessary.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Toltz
United States
Boston
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
Your cat likes me more
badge
In brightest day / In blackest night / No evil shall escape my sight / Let those who worship evil's might / Beware my power--Green Lantern's light!
mbmbmbmbmb
Then the nightmare might end up infecting itself.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Pseudonym
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Asmor wrote:
Then the nightmare might end up infecting itself.

Quote:
If that player loses an encounter or fails to deal while playing a nightmare, the nightmare transfers to his or her opponent's alien sheet, unless that opponent is you. Otherwise the nightmare is discarded like any other encounter card.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mi Myma
United States
Fountain Valley
California
flag msg tools
Why is there no Word Games Forum or Subdomain?
badge
There should be a Word Games Subdomain, or at least a Word Games Forum!
mbmbmbmbmb
Messianic wrote:
If that player loses an encounter or fails to deal while playing a nightmare, the nightmare transfers to his or her opponent's alien sheet, unless that opponent is you. Otherwise the nightmare is discarded like any other encounter card.

It seems like this last paragraph makes the part I bolded unnecessary.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
K
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Cool power, good job

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.