flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
“First Contact"

US Order card 62 Day of Days
German Order card 59 Day of Days

“62 Attack"
Capture over half the landmarks in play
11 VP per landmark

Q1 do you need to capture both landmarks at the same time then reveal order card to prove the order is achieved.
or can you capture one landmark at a time but then how do you prove you captured the other one further in to the game.

Q2 When you have captured both landmarks can you start to get soldiers of the board (mission complete).

- - -We played you need both landmarks at the same time ,reveal order to show it was complete then started to pull soldiers of the board getting at least one of to prove the mission was completed 22 VP gained.

“59 Skirmish"
Enter turn 2
Kill or capture all enemy encountered.
23 VP

Q1 What does encountered mean,
All the enemy on the board or all spotted enemy on the board at the time, then reveal order card to prove the order is achieved.

Q2 When you have kill or captured all enemy ,can you start to get soldiers of the board (mission complete).

- - - We played kill or captured all enemy on the board at the time, reveal order to show it was complete then started to pull soldiers of the board getting at least one off to prove the mission was completed 23 VP gained.

So the game when like this

1st turn...The 4 US soldiers rushed on getting to one landmark straight away.
But they need both to complete mission................

2nd turn... 3 US soldiers started to make their way to the second landmark but 4 german soldiers came walk up the road.
Now the germans have encountered and must kill or capture all 4 US soldiers to complete the mission..........

3rd turn...1 US soldier carries on the second landmark while the other 2 hold off the enemy.

4th turn... The US soldiers complete there mission by capturing both landmarks at the same time and turn order card over and plan to pull back off the board.
They will not get the VP’s till at least 1 soldiers makes it back to report mission complete................

5th turn...As the US soldiers start to pull back the germans rush them killing 2 (3 VP each)

6th turn... 1 US soldier gets a good move card and gets off the board ,while the last US soldier covers but is captured (4 VP x 2 +8 VP)

So the game ended as the german side could not complete their order only killing 2 and capturing 1 US soldier not all 4 encountered.

US point s 22 VP for orders completed
German points 2 enemy killed 6 VP and 1 captured 8 VP Total 14 VP

The US Win

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damen Parker
Oman
Northampton
Muscat
flag msg tools
Trust me. You know it makes sense
mbmbmbmbmb
That is pretty much how we played it with the same missions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
Johnny hastily dug a foxhole, careful not to damage the sticky bomb detonator. The tank rumbled nearer. Fear of being crushed or spotted consumed him; yet seconds later, he deftly slapped the bomb onto a greasy gear and spun for cover, snap-firing...
mbmbmbmbmb
Check this thread out for most commonly asked questions: thumbsup

http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/744612/rules-q-a-between-upd...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
AMOS BURKE
United Kingdom
WALSALL
WEST MIDLANDS
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Looked here first but no help

R M Chair General wrote:
Check this thread out for most commonly asked questions: thumbsup

http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/744612/rules-q-a-between-upd...

Q1 do you need to capture both landmarks at the same time then reveal order card to prove the order is achieved.
or can you capture one landmark at a time but then how do you prove you captured the other one.

All the enemy on the board or all spotted enemy on the board at the time, then reveal order card to prove the order is achieved.

thx anyway
Amos

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay Duval
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Capture as defined by the rulebook 1.72 pg 22 requirements are met by friendly soldiers being the only soldiers on a landmark for a complete game turn.

So I think as long as you hold the landmark for an entire turn without any enemies on the landmark you have captured it.

If you had to keep figs on both landmarks to capture them you would actually be holding not capturing the landmarks

Pg22 Hold requirements are met by the landmark being free of enemy soldiers and OCCUPIED by friendly soldiers at the end of the last game turn.

As far as VP from order cards I don't think you ever reveal your order cards until the end of the game. I keep notes whenever a victory condition is achieved from my order cards. There are event cards like #48 which give bonus VP for revealing completed order cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ubergeek
United States
Washougal
Washington
flag msg tools
Be Happy in your Game!
badge
I spent 100 Geek Gold and all I got was this lousy overtext message!
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:

This was the answer given by the designer in this thread: http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/695219/day-of-days-order-car...

Quote:
Soldiers "encountered" are soldiers that are spotted during play, and that can shoot at you or be shot at by you.

Success at the mission requirement is very difficult as any exiting encountered enemy soldier causes you to fail the mission.

So you'll need to keep track of the enemy that are sighted during play. If an enemy is never sighted during the game he wouldn't be considered in fulfilling the requirements of the order.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
AMOS BURKE
United Kingdom
WALSALL
WEST MIDLANDS
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
"Soldiers "encountered" are soldiers that are spotted during play, and that can shoot at you or be shot at by you".

So if i spot a soldier but he is out of my weapons range and i am out of his weapons range he is not "encounted" as he can not shoot at me and i can not shoot him.

just don't sound right to me

Amos

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.