Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
massimiliano tamagnini
Italy
Viareggio
ITALY
flag msg tools
mb
Cities is expansion and team play is cooperative. I would say if Someone has another team play esperience wihout cities expansion.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gastel Etswane
Canada
Peterborough
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Partners play side-by-side, trade resources for free and never attack each other. This makes it feel like one super-civilization versus another.

Scoring is done together, so victory points for Brown cards counts both civilizations. This also makes the hidden selection more interesting as I would house rule, no talking during card selections - mimicking the idea of the civilization being so big that you can't effectively communicate across its breadth in an instant.

For a 2 v 2 v 2, the trading route cards only include the player immediately to your left or right, not their whole civilization.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shima Tetsuo
Switzerland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
First I watched this : http://www.trictrac.tv/video-cities-de-l-explication Cities + Team version

Then, I played 4 times the team play version (without Cities of course). It's really a cool way to play.
Sorry Gastel but you've made some mistakes in your description (no offense..)

Nothing changes except :
- You don't fight your partner.
- At the end of an Age, you have to solve the fight 2 times with your neighbour aka "the ennemy".. (so if you win at Age 2, you'll take 2 3VP token and your ennemy takes 2 -1VP token).
- If you put a card that removes coins (Cities cards or Catan wonder), your partner is not affected by the loss.
- You can talk with your partner, build some strategy, look at his cards (that's sooooo cooool) but you can't exchange cards.
- Each partner scores separately, then you add both scores and see wich team wins..

So if you need a ressource from your partner you still have to buy it. Of course, you can put some yellow cards to have a discount from your partner..
You can't buy a ressource to your partner if you have it ! (it could be nice to give some money to your poor partner that way, but no !)
And yellow cards that gives coins and VP at Age 3 count only for the one who put the card.

Voilà, just ask if something is not clear, I'll be glad to answer !
I really love the team play version, it's more friendly !

And if someone is interested...
http://boardgamegeek.com/filepage/77277/7-wonders-more-wonde...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew M
United States
New Haven
Connecticut
flag msg tools
admin
8/8 FREE, PROTECTED
badge
513ers Assemble!
mbmbmbmbmb
Moved to Variants

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.