Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
David Jones
United States
Wilsonville
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Played a three player game last night and one player had a spectacular opening round that I just had to share.

One of of the building piles had the Marketplace on top, followed by the clay mound and the black market.

Player 1: Offer is Wood, Clay. Player takes Wood
Player 2: Offer Fish/Clay. Player takes Clay
Player 3: Offer Fish/Grain. Player takes 2 francs, buys Marketplace
Player 1: Offer is Wood/Fish. Player buys Clay Mound and Black Market. Player uses black market, takes 2 francs, 2 clay, 2 iron, 2 cow.

On the final action of the round, Player 1 double builds the Sawmill and the Fishery. Ends round one with 28 points, 2 wood, 1 iron, 2 cow, and one loan. I don't think I've ever seen a better opening round that wasn't somehow rigged.

I was player two. Managed to squeak out a 261 to 259 victory, but it was not easy to come back from that.

Other interesting happenings:

Normally, I write the Labor Exchange off as a useless building, but Player three actually had three hammers and four fisherman, so he was able to obtain loads of coal without having to pay me to use the colliery.

Player three also had the Mason's Guild (pay one less brick when building) and together with the sawmill was able to build the grocery mart at, literally, no cost. I'm not sure it was his best move at the time, but it was funny.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Lotton
United States
San DIego
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Player 3 should not have let the clay mound go to player 1.

Often times in 3 player games the player who is weakest enables the player following to win the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.