Popular Tags: [View All]
A.T. Selvaggio
United States
Webster
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Anyone out there able to share some impressions before I part with my cash? Curious how this plays, its complexity level, how well it solos and whether it is fun.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Handewith

Sacramento
California
msg tools
publisher
mb
I think Marco is working on a video review of the game although I am not sure when it will be out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A.T. Selvaggio
United States
Webster
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Handeman wrote:
I think Marco is working on a video review of the game although I am not sure when it will be out.

Thanks. I am certain it will be worth the wait!

Perhaps the game is pretty hefty and it is simply taking awhile to complete enough plays for people to review.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roger Lewis
United States
Penhook
Virginia
flag msg tools
Enjoying the game immensely. The variables of weather, fatigue,and activation points makes planning absoutely critical. You not only need Plan A but Plan B and C as well. Puts the player in the true role of a commander deciding objectives and troop allocation.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marco Arnaudo
United States
Bloomington
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
badge
"My spoon is too big!"
mbmbmbmbmb
atsgamer wrote:
Handeman wrote:

Thanks. I am certain it will be worth the wait!

Perhaps the game is pretty hefty and it is simply taking awhile to complete enough plays for people to review.

My review is now available, I just submitted it to BGG. The game DOES take long to play, therefore it takes some time to feel comfortable enough to share impression. However, my video was ready a week ago but a storm knocked down internet at my place so I could not upload the video on YouTube. Internet back, video's out!

Thank you all for waiting!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Handewith

Sacramento
California
msg tools
publisher
mb
Thanks for the review Marco! I appreciate how thorough and thoughtful it was.

Richard
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Adams
Australia
Oakleigh
Victoria
flag msg tools
badge
Polynesia
mbmbmbmbmb
buffedub wrote:
Enjoying the game immensely. The variables of weather, fatigue,and activation points makes planning absoutely critical. You not only need Plan A but Plan B and C as well. Puts the player in the true role of a commander deciding objectives and troop allocation.

Just from an initial glance, it appears similar to the excellent Great Campaigns of the American Civil War series ... anything in that?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marco Arnaudo
United States
Bloomington
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
badge
"My spoon is too big!"
mbmbmbmbmb
dougadamsau wrote:
buffedub wrote:

Just from an initial glance, it appears similar to the excellent Great Campaigns of the American Civil War series ... anything in that?

from me, only that at some point I need to start playing that series...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Adams
Australia
Oakleigh
Victoria
flag msg tools
badge
Polynesia
mbmbmbmbmb
marnaudo wrote:
dougadamsau wrote:
buffedub wrote:

from me, only that at some point I need to start playing that series...

Absolutely. Great gameplay and still the most stunning map art I've seen in war gaming. This game appears to be going for a similar map look.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
roger miller
United States
California
flag msg tools
publisher
Designer Response: The game is similar to GCACW in the following ways. It is an operational game, map scale is the same, counter density very similar, variable movement points, multiple level fatigue, combat done from the march, and outflank modifiers. The leader activation system, sequence of play and combat systems are totally different. In all areas other than combat the game is somewhat simpler in design. For example force marching troops do not disorganize or take attrition. Everything is combined in the fatigue system. Only one level of entrenchment. Outflank a simpler system to figure out. Total rules length about half of GCACW.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Adams
Australia
Oakleigh
Victoria
flag msg tools
badge
Polynesia
mbmbmbmbmb
rmiller1093 wrote:
Designer Response: The game is similar to GCACW in the following ways. It is an operational game, map scale is the same, counter density very similar, variable movement points, multiple level fatigue, combat done from the march, and outflank modifiers. The leader activation system, sequence of play and combat systems are totally different. In all areas other than combat the game is somewhat simpler in design. For example force marching troops do not disorganize or take attrition. Everything is combined in the fatigue system. Only one level of entrenchment. Outflank a simpler system to figure out. Total rules length about half of GCACW.

Perfect, many thanks. Ordered!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.