Alan Emrich
United States
Irvine
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Okay, there is a MAJOR news update now available on the VPG web site. We're raising the stakes as we begin to launch VPG v2.0:

http://victorypointgames.com/articleDetail.php?article_ID=22...

Enjoy!

Alan Emrich
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Al Johnson
United States
Arlington
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Very well done! I would have loved to see some output from that big machine (I think you called it a train). But regardless, enjoyed the video.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
fightcitymayor
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
"This is a really weird game, and you’ll find that most people will not want to play this."
mb
Gold Banner games = awesome.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Emrich
United States
Irvine
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb

We've started printing game components on The Locomotive already. It's kind of funny -- around the office, when we print a game for the first time on that new Canon Imagepress, we run around the office and everyone has to see the crisp, new look of the map, counters, player aids, etc.

But I can't wait until we start packing those laser-cut counters in our games. Man, those babies are THICK. I just did an experiment with them. I thought... maybe they're so thick that they'll stand up on their own.

Well, look at this picture. THEY DO!

Alan Emrich
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wulf Corbett
Scotland
Shotts
Lanarkshire
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
It doesn't look like the maximum single-sheet map size will be any bigger on this system, is that right? Not that I mind, I like the small footprint of VPG games anyway...

And by the way, how come your laser cutter doesn't leave sooty black edges like the Sergeants! On the Eastern Front revamp?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brett Christensen
United States
Fargo
North Dakota
flag msg tools
designer
Pat OwlOrbs on the head.
badge
Rub the wizard!
mbmbmbmbmb
This is awesome news indeed. Can't wait to check out a gold banner game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Emrich
United States
Irvine
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
"It doesn't look like the maximum single-sheet map size will be any bigger on this system, is that right? Not that I mind, I like the small footprint of VPG games anyway..."

That's correct; we're staying small-format. That's our niche and we're sticking with it.

"And by the way, how come your laser cutter doesn't leave sooty black edges like the Sergeants! On the Eastern Front revamp?"

We've learned a LOT about laser-cutters getting to this point. Let's just say that we got a very high-end AMERICAN made machine, went to the factory where they are manufactured, torture-tested them with our counters in advance of purchase, etc. It took some trial-and-error to get the right laser-wattage to work the correct settings to get here, but we made it.

I don't know why SERGEANTS! failed in this regard. Perhaps they just sent the job to someone else instead of doing it themselves, or they have a different type of laser cutter without the capabilities that ours has.

Alan Emrich
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yoki Erdtman
Sweden
Södertälje
flag msg tools
badge
Handsome devil huh?
mbmbmbmbmb
fightcitymayor wrote:
Gold Banner games = awesome.

I completely agree!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Cowen
United States
Union Springs
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sweet, put Nemo's War in the queue ASAP
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron
United States
Huntington Beach
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Darn! I was just at your office yesterday!! Would have loved to have seen the new components.

Also if I didn't just have a baby you guys would get all my money. Guess I'll have to settle for just one game a month.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Heaney
United States
Quincy
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Congratulations on this major and awesome step!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Asa Swain
United States
Queens
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I look forward to see Gold Banner versions of your popular States of Siege games!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Emrich
United States
Irvine
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb

All right, LEUTHEN will be released in a few hours -- our first GOLD BANNER game. We can't wait to show this at GMT West this weekend.

That will be followed by IN MAGNIFICENT STYLE, another GOLD BANNER title. This one is a solitaire game on Pickett's Charge. (That one is a VERY wild ride, indeed!)

Going forward, all new releases should be GOLD BANNER...

Alan Emrich
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russell Martin
United Kingdom
Liverpool
Merseyside
flag msg tools
Sanctify!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
All the news sounds fantastic. Sounds like no one will be able to complain about the "poor quality" components anymore. The only problem is that I might have to wait a while for the gold banner games to make it over to the UK. On the other hand, when I go back to the States to visit family, maybe I just have to place an order beforehand and make sure the games will be there when I arrive.

As someone else said, add Nemo's War (and the expansion) to the queue quickly. (Better yet, package them up together as one, at a slightly reduced price for the game+expansion. )

Edit: Geeklist idea -> VPG games that have received the Gold Banner treatment. Just a suggestion...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.