7 Posts

Battleship: Hidden Threat» Forums » Rules

Subject: What if we run out of cards? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Greg Gyetko
Canada
flag msg tools
Just played a couple of games with my kids (just picked up a set).

It seems very possible - even likely - that we will be in the situation where we've gone through our entire deck of cards but neither fleet is destroyed.

I don't see anything in the game about this. Is it a draw? What are the rules for when you shuffle up the discard pile and re-use it? I didn't see anything in the little fold-up pamphlet that came with the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
01neo01
Spain
Bilbao
Vizcaya
flag msg tools
mb
Our house-rule is to re-shuffle the discard pile and re-use it, but previously the player has to use all his cards in hand. This way we assure that the player doesn't keeps the big cards in hand.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew L.
United States
Lawrence
Kansas
flag msg tools
Sword, Board and Pen
badge
Hey! I run a board game blog at swordboardandpen.com! Come check it out!
mbmbmbmbmb
We played it like a deckbuilder; if you can't draw, then shuffle the discard pile to draw a new one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Husted
United States
East Hartford
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
historygamer89 wrote:
We played it like a deckbuilder; if you can't draw, then shuffle the discard pile to draw a new one.

We play it this way also.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ricardo Jorge Gomes
Portugal
Setubal
Grande Lisboa
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
historygamer89 wrote:

Greetings, from Portugal

I think that reshuffle is indeed the only solution, otherwise will be a miracle to finish a game, or just a foolish time to spend the afternoon.

My opinion: nice idea, nice playability, nice components, nice art... Bad written rules! Maybe the kids were the only target and it got too good to be just for them, and then the technical situations suddenly came on the surface! But even those could be easily corrected...

I like the game anyway, and it gives you space to adapt to your choices!

Have a nice play,
Ricardo Jorge Gomes
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nuno Cunha
Portugal
Porto
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My set of rules clearly states to reshuffle the discard piles.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon H
United States
Orion Township
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Under "How to play" at the end of Step 2, my rules say "If your draw pile runs out, form a new one by shuffling your discard pile".

By the letter of the law, I believe that means you reshuffle as soon as the last card in the draw pile is gone. That is, you can't continue play and discard more cards before reshuffling (meaning what's in your hand will not be in the new deck).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.