Jimmy Okolica
United States
Washington Township
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
When you choose to use the Resource Lender on Reed/Stone/Food. Do you place all of the resources (e.g., reed, stone, food, reed) on the next 4 round spaces or do you:

1 place the 2 reed on the next two and immediately get the stone and food
2. place the 2 reed and 1 stone on the next three spaces and immediately get the food
3. place the stone, reed, reed and food on the next four round spaces

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris F.
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
I read the card as #2.

Food isn't a building resource, so that eliminates #3.

The card says "...and place them all on the next round spaces...", so that eliminates #1. It seems that the price you pay for the extra building resource is receiving all of them more slowly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lukas E.
Austria
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
~ #2

...but you can choose to get an extra stone instead of an extra reed and you can even choose the order.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoff Burkman
United States
Kettering
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Peekaboo!
mbmbmbmbmb
http://playagricola.com/Agricola/Cards/Cards/occx3ResourceLe...

Yeah, it was me trying to bend the intent of the card when we first encountered it. I argued (speciously as it turns out) that the second "them" referred to the extra resource and its progenitor, and that the "other" resource went straight into your supply. The parenthetical phrase, "in any order..." definitely clarifies that what is meant is ALL the resources taken, since if they're all the same type to begin with, there's no reason to specify "in any order."

Silly me. whistle

Btw, I would have to presume that, as is the case with many other cards of this type, that resources granted by Improvements/Occupations like Clay Pit do not get the extra resource, since you're not actually "taking" those resources from the action space.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike T
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
MisterG wrote:
http://playagricola.com/Agricola/Cards/Cards/occx3ResourceLe...Btw, I would have to presume that, as is the case with many other cards of this type, that resources granted by Improvements/Occupations like Clay Pit do not get the extra resource, since you're not actually "taking" those resources from the action space.

Right, which leads to interesting interactions with cards like Woodcutter or Mushroom Collector, where you can (I think) get the bonus stuff from those cards immediately, but then lend out the stuff from the space.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.