Space Hulk: Death Angel – The Card Game» Forums » General

Subject: Mixed Expansions Location Deck Simple Mod rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Brother Leon
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
I paid 100 GG for this thinking it was a Geek Badge...
mb
For those playing with expansions, I know a lot of people like to mix all the locations together and create a location deck from there.

Earlier i was playing with all expansions, and drew three locations from the original game. I didn't mind, but it reduced the excitement somewhat knowing i would being go through locales i'd visited many times before, and i also knew that no Hive lords, or Adrenals would show, neither would the hull breach.

So, to keep this information hidden: before playing, shuffle all the location cards together. When travelling, just keep picking cards off the top until you find a match. This way you won't know what's coming.

Variant: you could also choose replacement locations (i.e. swap in a 1B instead of a 3), roll a dice, on a number higher than the location you may draw the top 2 of that location and choose one (up to you whether you keep the level fours and Hive lords separate, or include them to be used in place of 1s/2s/3s.)

Hope someone finds this useful.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lonnie H
United States
Everett
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
nssxxx wrote:

So, to keep this information hidden: before playing, shuffle all the location cards together. When travelling, just keep picking cards off the top until you find a match. This way you won't know what's coming.

Brother Leon,

What did you mean by "finding a match"? Needing a location 2 and then keep flipping/picking cards until you find a 2? Just wondering.

Thanks
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brother Leon
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
I paid 100 GG for this thinking it was a Geek Badge...
mb
yes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
dypaca
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You can also just role a die to choose the location when it is needed, and reroll 5s (or zeros if you prefer to start counting with 1).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.