Subject: My Copy Arrived rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Joseph Tomassi
United States
Melvindale
Michigan
flag msg tools
I ordered my copy from Virginia on April 6 and it arrived in Detroit on April 11. The pack of cards was wrapped in bubblewrap and shipped in a padded mailing envelope.

The cards are high gloss, but thinner and lighter than a standard American deck of cards, about the weight and thickness of the cards in
"Founding Fathers". They are also slightly smaller. An American playing card is 3-1/2" x 2-1/2". These cards are 3-3/8" x 2-1/8". For all that, they seem flexible and sturdy enough for repeated usage.

The game includes two sets of rules, one in English and one in Japanese, front and back printed on sheets of regular copy paper. The game is colorful; the cards are clearly printed; the rules seem straightforward. I am looking forward to getting this on the table at our next group meeting.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Blorb Plorbst
United States
Bloomington
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
I think we're all bozos on this bus.
mbmbmb
Who is kasneumann and how can I get a copy from them.

I looked at the japanese site and even with Google Translate, had no idea what I was doing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Nathan
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
CrankyPants wrote:
Who is kasneumann and how can I get a copy from them.

Two users have, previously, listed copies in the BGG Marketplace:

Stephen Smith
United States
Jackson
MS
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

KAS
United States
Arlington
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge

Spielboy shows 5 copies sold recently. I also think that there was, at one point, a copy on the #gof2012 math trade geeklist, but I suppose that's not very helpful.

Quote:
I looked at the japanese site and even with Google Translate, had no idea what I was doing.

English rules are here, if that helps.

And, fwiw, Okazu posted rules for Trains today!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Tomassi
United States
Melvindale
Michigan
flag msg tools
The game is a melding of Pinochle and 1830.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ray Smith
United States
Newburg
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Stay thirsty my friends.
mbmbmbmbmb
Casca183 wrote:

Wha!? Ooookaaay.
I enjoy playing both, but that's a hybrid I never would have considered!
surprise

I'm anxious to see some further reports on how it plays.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Nathan
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ray, I'm working on a more thorough review for after a few more plays, but interesting aspects worth point out:

(1) There are tricks you'll want to lose
(2) It matters what card you lose a trick with (because they don't just go into a discard pile)
(3) Shares/Tracks are the same shared resource
(4) Numerical Value re: winning a trick and Track Value re: value when placed as track are not symmetrical across each railroad
(5) Similar to (4), as an extension of (2), and as a result of (3), you can mess with the actual and potential value of train companies by burying the high Numerical Value cards as shares rather than letting them be played as track, and vice versa.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Smith
United States
Jackson
MS
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
rdsmith wrote:
Casca183 wrote:

Wha!? Ooookaaay.
I enjoy playing both, but that's a hybrid I never would have considered!
surprise

I'm anxious to see some further reports on how it plays.

Other than being a trick-taking game, there is no similarity to Pinochle. There are no trumps, no bidding, no melding, no partnerships (as in the most commonly played Pinochle).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.