Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Justin
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've been arguing with everyone I've played the game with, I can't seem to make sense of what happens when someone in caught in the fold when the whirlpool is activated. Can someone clear it up for me? If you don't make it back to the whirlpool in time, and you don't have any deep magic cards, what happens?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Fox
United States
Farmington
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's time for that player to get snacks for everyone else......

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So, they're out of the game and their treasure goes back to where it came from?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Lewis
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
NFHS Football & Basketball
badge
Dread Our Coming, Suffer Our Presence, Embrace Our Glory (Solonavi War Cry)
mbmbmbmbmb
They lose their treasure, but it doesn't go back to the castle, it goes "out" (and can be recovered by any player via the Ring of Stones or the Wizard). The player's token goes to the whirlpool, but they are trapped there for 3 turns unless they can roll a 1 or 8.

At least, I'm pretty sure this is what the rules say; it's in the Hazard book under "Whirlpool".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Moody
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
After years of playing it wrong when I was younger... I played it last night for the first time in several years, and I finally interpreted the rules to be the same as Scott Lewis mentioned.

It would have been clearer if that part was indented further to indicate that the bottom 4 points only apply when "crushed" by the folding of the board.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.