Jeff Gracia
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmb
Hi all,

I just wanted to point out some of the features of our upcoming strech goals. With only a few days left I wanted everyone to understand how many different minatures could be included in the main game.

We are lucky to have Ryan Lesser, the Art Director of Harmonix, working on our 3D models. (http://ryanlesser.com).

Please note all 8 miniature arch-types for the survivors are not shown they are still a work in progress.
Regardless of us reaching 135K the game will ship with 34 miniatures in the main game, and 30 miniatures in z-master

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lan
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
How does the 80k goal fit in if the 150k goal is reached? The 150k reward adds male/female base zombies and 4 unique zmaster zombies.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Gracia
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmb
The 80k goal changed the design in the main game from just 1 zombie miniature type to 2: Male and female.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lan
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh ok, I guess I haven't been following from the beginning. So the 150k goal never used to say "The main game will be upgraded with male and female alternately posed zombies?"

It seems like the 150k goal completely overrides the 80k one.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Gracia
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmb
Hi Lan,

You are most correct, at first the main game was only going to have 1 zombie model. However around 65k we decided to ask our backers what they would prefer for the 80k stretch goal. With an overwhelming vote they wanted us to upgraded the main game to come with the 2 different zombie models. So we listened and provided, pulling the 2 models from the 150goal down to the 80k goal.

Now the 150 goal is geared towards the z-master making a far better game by providing different zombie models!
~Jeff
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kamu
Mexico
Toluca
Estado de México
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just a quick question: would these minis affect gameplay? The game is squad-based, so I'm guessing we still have the 4 squads but plenty of options to customize their looks on the board. Or am I understanding something wrong? The same applies to the zombies, I believe, with them working the same way as before, but giving some nice variety on the table (something miniature painters will be grateful for).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Gracia
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmb
You ask a fantastic question.

Picture this (still prototyping) each hero has a base with holes on the bottom. Then you have a colored stand which looks like a Lego piece with 4 pegs. Thus you can take 2 miniatures ( of your choice) and attach it to the stand. So you can customize which squad you want to make Also allows for greater home brew rules where 1 survivor breaks away from the squad to do special attacks or search or who knows Or heck.. play with 9 players with each having a miniatures (someone would be the dog) only 1 person squads.. now that would be a challenge ooo now i'm thinking about a new scenario the game could come with...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Halas
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Awesome! I've been keeping an eye on this project for awhile now. It's the first project on kickstarter I've supported thus far. Have you thought of becoming part of the "Kick it Forward" program?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kamu
Mexico
Toluca
Estado de México
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
chasewystone wrote:
Awesome! I've been keeping an eye on this project for awhile now. It's the first project on kickstarter I've supported thus far. Have you thought of becoming part of the "Kick it Forward" program?

They're part of it, but Kickstarter wanted the badge removed to avoid confusion:
http://greenbriergames.com/zPocalypse/index.php/kickstarter/...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.