Popular Tags: [View All]
Thomas Stevenson
United States
Columbus
Ga
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I am assuming the Imperial player can not add or subtract defenders in between military and morphogentic attacks by the same Imperial units.

I am also assuming the Imperium must include the Independent system unit if attacking its Independent Force(s) in the same sector.

If the Independent empire home system is destroyed in the first round with mixed defenders (say invaders + rebels + the independent Empire) do the former Independent mobile units have to be included in the morphogentic attack against the other surviving chaos units?

More importantly does the Independent Empire Leadership bonus apply for the morphogentic combat?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan
United States
flag msg tools
1 Player hardcore
badge
Lone Warrior
mbmbmbmbmb
Here are my opinions for what they are worth.

tas1624 wrote:
I am assuming the Imperial player can not add or subtract defenders in between military and morphogentic attacks by the same Imperial units.

I'm unclear as to what you mean here. Could be it's sensible and I'm just easily confused.

tas1624 wrote:
I am also assuming the Imperium must include the Independent system unit if attacking its Independent Force(s) in the same sector.

Yes. All Independent Empire forces in the same sector (mobile & system) are included as defenders during an Imperial attack. 8.7.f

tas1624 wrote:
If the Independent empire home system is destroyed in the first round with mixed defenders (say invaders + rebels + the independent Empire) do the former Independent mobile units have to be included in the morphogentic attack against the other surviving chaos units?

8.2.b Imperial units may conduct a) military combat only, b) morphogenic combat only, or c) both military & morphogenic combat.

8.7.c Whenever there are 2 or more distinct Chaos Forces in the same sector, the Imperial forces may attack one, more, or none of them.

Based on that, I would say that d10-1 if you chose to conduct both types of combat d10-2 against all the mentioned types of Chaos Forces, then you would have to include the former surviving IE units in the morphogenic attack.

tas1624 wrote:
More importantly does the Independent Empire Leadership bonus apply for the morphogentic combat?

I'm not looking at the charts on the map right now, but if I recall correctly, the highest leader bonuses are always applied to combat results, whether military or morphogenic.

As a qualifier to my above statements I pulled those rule citations from the rules version posted on DG website. I think they were pre-release, but from everything I've read they look the same to me. There's a chance that something I cited is not identical to what is in the printed manual.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Stevenson
United States
Columbus
Ga
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks again Ryan, I pretty much agree with your interpretation, theres still an issue with timing of Independent Empires. If it happens immediately the IE leader bonus will not be available for the second (morphogentic) combat round. If it happens at the end of the combat segment than the IE leader bonus would still apply. Immediate seems to fit 11.6 better but 11.6 is not definative to my mind.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan
United States
flag msg tools
1 Player hardcore
badge
Lone Warrior
mbmbmbmbmb
Okay I understand what you're saying now about the Independent Empire leadership bonus.

After reading 11.6 I lean toward the IE leadership bonus not being available for any followup morphogenic combat involving surviving elements of the former IE.

For the Imperial player, military & morphogenic combat can be considered two distinct phases (for lack of a better word); they are not simultaneous. Those Chaos units destroyed in the military combat phase are not part of any followup morphogenic combat; why should the leadership bonus be part of it? So if 11.6 is interpreted literally, then the IE marker is removed at the end of military combat when the home system unit is destroyed. This immediately turns surviving IE forces into Rebels and simultaneously removes the IE marker, which doubles as the Leader bonus for #1-#3.

Maybe I've got the semantics wrong though. I can see why you say it is not definitive.

I'm glad someone is playing this. I think I won't be able to get to this for a while.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Stevenson
United States
Columbus
Ga
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
To be definative they would have included a statement to the effect that the IE is dissolve prior to morphogentic combat, but I think that's the correct interuptation in any case. As at least a D2 is require to eliminate a system unit only Worldships and AF will survie making a follow up Morphogentic attack rare or a mop-up anyway.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.