United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
Member of the San Francisco Game Group since 2005
badge
This is a customized Bane Tower from the game Man o' War
mb
In the 4th Kickstarter project update, the guys at Steve Jackson Games said they'd send Valley Games a copy of OGRE as they just passed 'em up as the number one game on Kickstarter.

I thought that was right nice.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mathieu Perreault-Dorion
Canada
Laval
Québec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So they CAN ship the game to Canada. I'll be waiting to hear how much I must add to my pledge. And no, I'm not being sarcastic, I want to give SJG my money.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cast Ll'tor
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am sure there are several BGG'ers that live close to the border (Vancouver, Windsor, etc) that can maybe help coordinate shipping to a US address. They can then drive across to the US, pick up the games, lug them back in a semi-trailer, and ship them off to those willing to purchase them.

I know I'd be in for a game, as I shudder to think how much it costs to send a 15 pound box via USPS - although, if it fits in a USPS Priority Rate Large Box, it's only $40 to ship it, so not too bad (I just checked as I was writing this).

Anyway, I'd love a copy to put with my other unplayed games that I just have to have.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael McFall
United States
Manhattan
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
lug them back in a semi-trailer

I wonder how long the jail sentence is for that?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip Reed
United States
Kyle
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Oeternalis wrote:
So they CAN ship the game to Canada.

Please note that we never claimed that we couldn't ship to Canada. It's just that shipping one copy of the game is terribly expensive -- say $100 to $125 to ship one to Canada. The reason we have not yet opened the project to foreign orders is that we're exploring options that could reduce the cost to ship outside of the US.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mathieu Perreault-Dorion
Canada
Laval
Québec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
PhilReed wrote:
Oeternalis wrote:
So they CAN ship the game to Canada.

Please note that we never claimed that we couldn't ship to Canada. It's just that shipping one copy of the game is terribly expensive -- say $100 to $125 to ship one to Canada. The reason we have not yet opened the project to foreign orders is that we're exploring options that could reduce the cost to ship outside of the US.

I know, I was only teasing you guys.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip Reed
United States
Kyle
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Oeternalis wrote:

Sorry if I sounded overly serious. I've been going really long days trying to complete work in the office AND keep the rumors online under control. There have been enough posts with misinformation that my humor radar is busted.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Trimby
England
Brighton
East Sussex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
PhilReed wrote:
I've been going really long days trying to complete work in the office AND keep the rumors online under control. There have been enough posts with misinformation that my humor radar is busted.

We appreciate your efforts Phil. I think as soon as you announce foreign shipping orders the game is going to take a massive jump in pledges. I'm one of those waiting for confirmation of foreign delivery before making my pledge.

So I'd plan & announce some ambitious stretch goals, because you'll probably reach them quickly once foreign shipping is confirmed.

Simon
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Slev Sleddeddan
United Kingdom
Victoria Park
Manchester
flag msg tools
What part of "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn" don't you understand?
badge
Don't you open that trapdoor!
mbmbmbmbmb
PhilReed wrote:
Oeternalis wrote:

Sorry if I sounded overly serious. I've been going really long days trying to complete work in the office AND keep the rumors online under control. There have been enough posts with misinformation that my humor radar is busted.

Careful Phil, you don;t want to run out of Tread!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Walters
United States
Hercules
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

When foreign shipping is announced it won't be cheap. I'm wondering how many foreign orders are out there waiting to pounce, and as I think about it I keep thinking there are obviously more orders at $101 than at $199, and who knows how they're spread? Someone in France willing to pay $130 will be disappointed if the number is 145. Still, there are 300 million people in the US and 500 million in the EU. And don't forget that the only company other than Metagaming and SJ Games to publish Ogre was in Japan, so there's a fan base there, too (though who knows how much of a problem language will be).

We'll all learn a lot about the world with the foreign shipping option is priced.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil Hobson
United States
Charlotte
MI
flag msg tools
mbmb
I thought the gift of a copy of the game was right classy, myself. Well done, sirs. Well done, indeed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darren M
Canada
Fort Vermilion
AB
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Stu Skywalker wrote:
I am sure there are several BGG'ers that live close to the border (Vancouver, Windsor, etc) that can maybe help coordinate shipping to a US address. They can then drive across to the US, pick up the games, lug them back in a semi-trailer, and ship them off to those willing to purchase them.

I know I'd be in for a game, as I shudder to think how much it costs to send a 15 pound box via USPS - although, if it fits in a USPS Priority Rate Large Box, it's only $40 to ship it, so not too bad (I just checked as I was writing this).

Anyway, I'd love a copy to put with my other unplayed games that I just have to have.

That box for Ogre is going to end up being the size of a small car. There is no way in hell it fits in one of those "large" flat rate USPS boxes. I don't know if it will even fit in two taped together by the time they get all the 57 levels of stretch reward items added to the box... and you can be sure the box will weigh a hell of a lot more than 14 pounds by then as well. I'm betting it could be closer to 20 pounds by the time it's in a packing box.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Talorien
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
nexttothemoon wrote:
That box for Ogre is going to end up being the size of a small car. There is no way in hell it fits in one of those "large" flat rate USPS boxes. I don't know if it will even fit in two taped together by the time they get all the 57 levels of stretch reward items added to the box... and you can be sure the box will weigh a hell of a lot more than 14 pounds by then as well. I'm betting it could be closer to 20 pounds by the time it's in a packing box.

I wonder at what point we'll see it split into two boxes...

a logistical nightmare I know, but one box is perhaps starting to become impractical just for the end user to move off the shelf... if you find a shelf large enough

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Bohm
United States
Appleton
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
PhilReed wrote:

I heard with the success of the recent Kickstarter project Steve was able to build an actual Ogre that he now drives around in! What kind of gas milage does that thing get?

Lol, sorry. Hopefully I would think most of our antics would be encouraging as most of us are just really excited. I think you're doing a fine job btw.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.