Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
James Valentine
United States
California
flag msg tools
mb
Here's a Variant I cooked up, that can only be played as a PBF:

The initial idea was a "Mystery" where the Ancient One was not revealed at the start, forcing the Investigators to deduce its identity. I pretty quickly realized that this alone was not enough to support a scenario, so I added in a mechanic so that other things had to be deduced -- such as the current position of the Doom Track.

The initial version was far more complex, with things like the locations of Monsters not being revealed until you were adjacent to them, environments not being revealed until certain conditions were met, and a general fog of war over everything, but it created a massive wall of text and didn't look like much fun, so I ultimately decided to keep it simple.

I waffled a bit on whether or not the Terror Track should be concealed or not, and actually removed all references to the Terror Track only to hastily put them back in later, so there may be some errors where the Terror Track should be mentioned, but isn't. Also, the "Rolls a 1d6" should be "rolls a die" to be more consistent with general terminology, but I uploaded before I noticed and it's not so big a deal that I have to upload the picture again to change it.

Thoughts?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Austin Fleming
United States
West Covina
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow, this looks like it would be a VERY tough game! surprise

I'd be willing to give it a go, if you are going to run it, though...

goo
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Valentine
United States
California
flag msg tools
mb
I would be THRILLED to host a PBF of this! I love playing GM! There's only one problem.

[Edit]: Except there isn't! I figured something out. I'll be putting up the PBF soon; A spot will be reserved for you. Now I just need to figure out how to get enough players...

Also, I accidentally left something out of the rules: Players are not informed when a shop closes. Instead, they are notified upon entering the street area connected to the shop. If they were about to enter the shop, they may still spend movement points from there. Another thing left out is that Monster Movement details on Mythos cards are not revealed to players (To keep it from being obvious which Monsters have which symbol).

There's also two things that need clarification: With this variant, Blight Tokens always go onto the Terror Track, and Blight Cards are treated in the same fashion as Ancient One effects. Also, the Ancient Whispers Marker has its location obscured until an Investigator passes through the street containing it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
AKQJX
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll definitely be interested in watching this one play. It's always been something you have to overlook when the players know things they logically couldn't. So it'll be neat to see a version like this, and I bet it'll be tense.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Valentine
United States
California
flag msg tools
mb
Well, I've started up a PBF of this on the Play By Forum board if you want to watch it unfold.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.