Subject: 3 player game and the encounter deck rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
oren kostin
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmb
hi,
in a 3 or 4 player game with 2 core sets, should i include all encounter cards from both core sets? for example: the anduin scenario should include 4 trolls instead of 2.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Allan Clements
Norway
Oslo
flag msg tools
badge
Turns out Esseb did touch the flag. Don't tell him I said so though.
mbmbmbmbmb
No. just the encounter set from one core set.

Unless you enjoy the pain.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Uncle Potato
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
No, you should only be using a single encounter deck. That said, you can always tweak the rules if that makes the game more enjoyable for you.

Also, remember that only one of each unique card can be in play no matter how many players are involved.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
oren kostin
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmb
Thx for the quick response.
So basically, buying 3 core sets is only to make sure that I have 3 copies of each card? What are you suppose to do with all the other cards?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Uncle Potato
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, whatever you want. That's the problem some people have with the way FFG packaged the core set. If you want three of each player card, you end up with a lot of useless extras. You may be able to sell some to other players on ebay? Not sure about that.

I only have one core set myself.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Ludlow
United States
Saint Louis Park
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
johnwoo wrote:
Thx for the quick response.
So basically, buying 3 core sets is only to make sure that I have 3 copies of each card?

Correct. I bought 2 core sets and 1 of each expansion. I have problems cutting down to 60 card decks as it is. I don't miss the few cards that I only have two of.

I'll pick up a third set when I find one cheap enough. I built a tool to watch the various auctions that pop up on BGG, filtered down to my wishlist. If you're interested, add LotR to your wishlist as a "1-4" and it will show up here and also in your news feed when someone puts it up for auction.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Faehnle
United States
Cincinnati
OH
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jdludlow wrote:
I built a tool to watch the various auctions that pop up on BGG, filtered down to my wishlist. If you're interested, add LotR to your wishlist as a "1-4" and it will show up here and also in your news feed when someone puts it up for auction.

1 GG for your tool.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pauli Vinni
Finland
Espoo
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I use those extra cards as on backround for custom scenario cards. I allso need some cards for many diferent decks, so I have sitution when I can have even 6 copies of the same gard in the game (not unique ofcource).
But it is not very usefull to have 3 copies of core set. 1 or two is enough!
I just bought my 4rt copy of the core set just so that I can make more decks ready to play... hmmm... maybe one more...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bart Rachemoss
United States
Silver City
New Mexico
flag msg tools
Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts.
mbmbmbmbmb
johnwoo wrote:
So basically, buying 3 core sets is only to make sure that I have 3 copies of each card? What are you suppose to do with all the other cards?

Having extra sets of encounter cards is really nice because you can have several different quests set up and ready to go. It is very convenient.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.