Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Matteo Fiorino
Italy
Cerignola
Foggia
flag msg tools
Hi Guys, Hi Craig

i have just two question about the rules.

When the Allies activate the Vichy Force VF via diplomatic event (then treated as Free France) all the static and 1cv inf in north Afrika became an English/Us unit and ok, but only the Zoc they control became allied control or all the FNA and then the allies can use a rail move?

the second question....situation...allies invade with amph units the port of Narvik and take it, two month later they put in a BH for hitting at 5-6 in defense, it is possible? or BH can only put in a hex and not in area?

Thank's

laugh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tomas Lidholm
Sweden
Stockholm
Stockholm
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
All of Vichy becomes allied, so you can rail if you want to. It's just as if any other nation joins a side (don't forget that there is Vichy territory on mainland France as well).

Regarding beachhead placement in areas it looks like something Craig missed, since the first line in the sea invasion rule states: Sea Invasion is movement by sea from a friendly port to any coastal hex. And since that's not correct probably beachhead placement are not correct either. I've never thought about it myself since I think it would be a waste of a perfectly good beachhead (and at least 20pp).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete Menconi
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Note rule 18.34 seems to imply that an area with a port is treated like any hex for invasion purposes. Note that the amphib unit must still be in the (area) port to place the beachhead. While Norway is usually difficult to invade for the Allies, if the Germans draw out enough of the North garrison, it might be attractive to invade and get the -5PP for the ore route. I like the threat better than the action.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emanuele Santandrea
Italy
Milano
MI
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
I love it when a plan comes together!
mbmbmbmbmb
Next time dont leave Narvik empty!ninja

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete Menconi
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Narvik is mountain terrain. Per 15.5, invasion not allowed into mountain terrain. In early 1940 right after Weser, the Allies can enter Narvik by sea transfer (usually) because the Norwegians still own Narvik. After German capture, I don't think you can invade there, even if it is undefended.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Lags
Australia
Parramatta
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
make sure you have the updated rules. Areas with ports(only) can be invaded (18.34). Mountain terrain is specifically called out as making no difference.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete Menconi
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Good catch. Dang, I knew that was in there somewhere!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.