Lonnie H
United States
Everett
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Editing note: originally this thread was a request for someone to make the scans available...but Gunther has done that below. Thank you Gunther.)

I have included the original post below, but as an update, I did hear back from Daniel Hodges (the game designer), and he has OK'ed the posting of the files now that the game is out of print. So now if you would like to play the game digitally, you can either use the Zun Tzu module or the newly posted Vassal module (just posted in another thread).

It would be nice to post the files in the File section, but for now they are too big so now they are just available from Gunther's link below. (in the future, I may make a text/html version that would be much smaller....but don't hold your breath....too many projects, too little time).

Enjoy, and thank you again to Daniel first and foremost for being willing to have the files available, and Gunther for making the scans and other material available.

Lonster

original post by me below for the curious
Before you champions of copy-right warm up your flame throwers....(as much as possible I have tried to check with Daniel to verify his permission.....but he is a very busy man....this has been a process of almost two year)

My desire is that this OOP(out of print) game could be more widely available for play(digitally with Zun Tzu or other modules).

I am putting this request out there to the general BGG population because Daniel Hodges has pretty much given his permission for this to happen(if you would like to see the thread check here http://www.boardgamegeek.com/article/8967226#8967226...this was mostly from almost 2 years ago). In the thread, Daniel did not have problems with posting the game materials due to the game being out of print, but then seemed to be too busy to do much about making the materials available. I had later tried to follow up with him about it, but received no replies. I'm guessing that he is too busy with new game projects.

Anyways, if there is anyone who could scan the Event booklet(Intelligence Briefing) and Game Tables to make available to others, that would be greatly appreciated. Then we could continue from there. Please let me know if you can help out, either by posting here or sending me a geek-mail.

To you champions of copy-right, if after reading the other thread where this was first discuss, still feel the need to defend her honor(copy-right's)....let the flames fly. As noted later in this thread, I have notified Daniel about this thread and will happily take it down if he objects.

Thanks for your time,

lonster

Edited to correct the link....still not very good at getting links to work for BGG, and add some clarifications to my humor
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Conor Hickey
Ireland
Dublin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Request for scans of rules, event booklet, and game tables
I'd be interested in this also - the game can't be purchased anyway (except for the odd exceedingly expensive ebay listing, three of which I have tried to win, and failed) and I would very much like to play it due to a lack of good solitaire wargames out there.

If anyone can see their way to scanning these items, and the designer still has no objection to them being posted due to the game's unavailabillity, I'd appreciate it too.

If this is ever reprinted I am definitely buying it, one way or the other.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gunther Schmidl
Austria
Linz
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Re: Request for scans of the event booklet, and game tables
Oh, ok then.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/pekn1i8e36sjavu/wtid.zip?dl=0

UPDATE 7/2017: New link since public Dropbox is dead.
  • [+] Dice rolls
Conor Hickey
Ireland
Dublin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Gunther, this is great, thank you very much.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lonnie H
United States
Everett
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Gunther,

Thanks for the scans and including the additional info from the Geek Files.

Just to let everyone know, I have also sent a GeekMail to Daniel Hodges (the game designer) to keep him informed about this thread in case this goes against his earlier wishes.

Lonster
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gunther Schmidl
Austria
Linz
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Lonster wrote:
Gunther,

Just to let everyone know, I have also sent a GeekMail to Daniel Hodges (the game designer) to keep him informed about this thread in case this goes against his earlier wishes.

Lonster

Thanks! I tried to contact him at some point but didn't get a reply. Hopefully this is still OK with him.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Not really a copy right white knight here laugh But this would be my concern as well:

gschmidl wrote:
Hopefully this is still OK with him.

We're talking about a two year span ... maybe there was a reprint already in planning fase. I'm not so sure a "no response" is the same as "go on with whatever you have in mind". Anyways... it's already done, so much for that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lonnie H
United States
Everett
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Lonster wrote:
Gunther,

Lonster

I heard back from Daniel Hodges and he has Ok'ed the scans being made available. Here is his reply:

Daniel Hodges via geekmail wrote:
Apologies.

I very rarely check this link I'm afraid.

By all means use the scans. Don't worry about the link.

Hope you continue to enjoy the game.

A big thank you to Daniel and Gunther for making the scan.

Enjoy

ps I just finished reading the Wikipedia article on the war. Very interesting reading.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Don Stone
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
The dropbox link no longer works.

Does anyone have a copy?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Germany
Osnabrück
flag msg tools
                                                             oooo                             ooo                             o    o                                      o     
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
donstone wrote:
The dropbox link no longer works.

Just clicked, it offers me to dowmload an 11MB file.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Don Stone
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
Indeed! -- I had been getting "disabled due to too much access" -- must be a temporary dropbox error, which I interpreted as permanent. Thanks much.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mehmet Fatih Bas
Turkey
Burdur
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Dropbox link is down I get 404 error. Would someone please re-upload the scans? Please...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alejandro Anzuinelli
Argentina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi, the link appears to be broken, it gives 404 error...
Could you please upload it again?
Thanks a lot

Alejo
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Gudgeon
United Kingdom
Leeds
West Yorkshire
flag msg tools
mb
If these are still available I too would like a copy please. I'm also getting the 404 error when clicking the link.

Gudgey
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leandro Sánchez
Argentina
flag msg tools
Error

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael L
msg tools
If anyone out there has the game material that isn't available in the files section here, could they please upload it? The Vassal version is useless without them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stjepan Mateljan
Croatia
Zagreb
Croatia
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Kavak wrote:
If anyone out there has the game material that isn't available in the files section here, could they please upload it? The Vassal version is useless without them.

+1

I am also interested in this material, so if anyone has it, please contact me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gunther Schmidl
Austria
Linz
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
I've updated the link to a living one. Sorry, all, wasn't watching this thread!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/pekn1i8e36sjavu/wtid.zip?dl=0
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.