Sam Mercer
United Kingdom
Southampton
Hampshire
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
Heya all!

In my quest to bring UK boardgaming into the lime light, I am doing another piece for www.purplepawn.com - one of the broadest and wide reaching gaming industry news sites around.

I am an editor there and contribute to games news. The kind of thing we do: Recently I interviewed Yancey Strickler; co founder of Kickstarter.com (protip scoop: Kickstarter is hoping to be opened up internationally by the end of the year) and regularly interview designers and review games and tidbits of industry nwes.

What do you need Sam?
Well I am doing an upcoming piece about FLGS (friendly local game shops) compared with FOGS (friendly Online game shops) in the UK market. My good friend Paul at boardgameguru is happy to help out with the FOGS bit, now I need a FLGS owner who is up for answering a few questions (email only: no need to panic!) to go up to www.purplepawn.com.

The cons: About 20 minutes of your time
The Pros: I will be happy to include a link to your site and/or your contact information within the article!
(we have about 30k visitors per month)

If you are interested, or if you know anyone that you would like me to approach please send me a bggmail!

All the best

sam
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam Mercer
United Kingdom
Southampton
Hampshire
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
Re: Looking for UK based FLGS owners to answer some questions for an article for purplepawn.com
Ahh man really? No one?

Ok new game:

Please can you tell me the name of your local flgs that I can contact them.

sam
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jake Staines
United Kingdom
Grantham
Lincolnshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Looking for UK based FLGS owners to answer some questions for an article for purplepawn.com
Cogentesque wrote:

I don't have a FLGS. :/

I think the nearest to me - at least the nearest I know of - are The Rift in Peterborough and Ruddocks of Lincoln. I expect there's probably something in Nottingham, but I try and avoid Nottingham if I can!

The Rift is a proper gaming shop (although IIRC it used to be called 'Your Story' and cater for those customised-for-your-child's-name kids' books), but they mostly seem to sell RPG/wargaming/CCG stuff. Ruddocks had far more board games last time I was there, but they're really a newsagent/stationery/art supplies place in principle.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Italian Seismologist
United Kingdom
norwich
Norfolk
flag msg tools
badge
[The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was not convincing people he didn't exist, but convincing them that he was God.
mbmbmbmbmb
i use wither 'the games room' or 'starwynn games' in Norwich. the gamesroom is my preferred shop around here but they dont have a website at all. there is a number listed somewhere online though. starwynn games is owned by two people and is the more recent addition and holds all the local tournaments etc there. the games room was owned by an elderly Scottish guy who was happy to speak for hours about anything, when he died his Canadian son took over it and runs it still.

games room 01603 628140
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Get up, get up, get up, get down, fall over.
United Kingdom
Bolton
Lancashire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Cogentesque wrote:
Ahh man really? No one?

Ok new game:

sam
Have you tried the UK FAQ page? It is pretty much up to date and will save you a lot of asking.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil Blaiberg
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Try my local.

Leisure Games in Finchely:

http://www.leisuregames.com/index.html
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David McKenna
msg tools
Aren't you a little short for a Stormtrooper?
mbmbmbmbmb
FLGS?

I don't know of any - or even any LGS - in my part of the world (Northern Ireland)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Thompson
msg tools
Hiya, have sent you a mail (I think). Let me know if it hasn't turned up.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam Mercer
United Kingdom
Southampton
Hampshire
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
Thanks for all the support all.

I will let everyone know that Eclectic games in Reading were one of the first to respond and I will hopefully be writing up something with them

Thanks so much once again!

sam
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.