B-17: Queen of the Skies» Forums » Rules

Subject: Target flak rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
michael white
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I fly into the target zone.Check the weather.See if there are any enemy and if so deal with them.Fly through the flak.Check my bomb run and release.AND HERE IS MY QUESTION. I cannot see the rules state checking again for flak but I am sure it would be present as I am still in the target area and so I play for it being there,then I turn for home and play for the enemy fighters then move out of the zone.
Do you play for a second bout of flak?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pokey 64
United States
Niagara Falls
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Your answer is on page 13 in the example of play (9.0 Turn 6)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim P
United States
Sterling Heights
Michigan
flag msg tools
Glück muss man haben
badge
But what I do have are a very particular set of skills, skills I have acquired over a very long career. Skills that make me a nightmare for people like you… And I will beat you.
mbmbmbmbmb
dingers wrote:
I fly into the target zone.Check the weather.See if there are any enemy and if so deal with them.Fly through the flak.Check my bomb run and release.AND HERE IS MY QUESTION. I cannot see the rules state checking again for flak but I am sure it would be present as I am still in the target area and so I play for it being there,then I turn for home and play for the enemy fighters then move out of the zone.
Do you play for a second bout of flak?

Michael,
The rules do not call for flak on the way out of the target Zone. So you are right in this. But was there flak on both side of the target? ...Yes there was. In many stories you would read that the ships were under flak attacks anywhere near the target.

I for one play with flak coming and going. I just knock it down one level. So if you roll up Heavy Flak then right after bomb release I roll again for flak, only this time I roll on the Medium flak column.

Hope this helps!
Jim
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
michael white
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Thanks Fliers for your replies.Will continue with the flak post-bomb run but with the adjustment suggested.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.