Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
George Carlin
United States
Herndon
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm not providing one, but looking for one. I just recently received a used game with all the cards sleeved and I have to admit I'm sold and plan on sleeving all my games now. I don't want to get into or debate which sleeves to use, I plan to use FFG sleeves. I just need a little clarification.

I always see images like this in various places related to FFG games (rule books, website, etc):

I'm hoping someone can explain to me exactly what this means? I think I've figured out that the color is what is important but what is the number?

So the above picture is saying you should use silver sleeves which equals Standard Card Game Sleeves as opposed to purple sleeves which equals Standard European Board Game Sleeves or green sleeves which equals Standard American Board Game Sleeves, etc. But then I see purple sleeves (or others) referred to with different numbers, such as:

or

or even

I would think FFG would provide a concise explanation of this somewhere on their site (and they may) but I haven't found it. Can someone fill me in on this please? Do the numbers mean it will take that many packs? That seems logical but I'd really like to know for certain before I place an order for way too many or to few. Thanks for any help.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Gregg
United States
Franklinville
NC
flag msg tools
designer
NightfallGame.com/FAQ
badge
boardgamegeek.com/thread/1234645
mbmbmbmbmb
IIRC the number is the number of packs and the color matches up with a specific card size. Example:

would mean you need 3 packs of their Standard European sleeves:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Tullsen
United States
Tigard
Oregon
flag msg tools
The Road goes ever on and on Down from the door where it began. Now far ahead the Road has gone, And I must follow, if I can, Pursuing it with eager feet, Until it joins some larger way Where many paths and errands meet.
badge
Ash nazg durbatulûk, ash nazg gimbatul, ash nazg thrakatulûk agh burzum-ishi krimpatul.
mbmbmbmbmb
I think it means that type of sleeve. I may be wrong, but I believe that is what it means.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clare Cannon
Wales
Trefforest
Mid Glamorgan
flag msg tools
mb
the colour is the sleeve type and the number within the box is the number of pack it should take to sleeve the game fully,

for example on the first image you need 7 packs of grey size sleeves
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Carlin
United States
Herndon
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
exparrot wrote:
the colour is the sleeve type and the number within the box is the number of pack it should take to sleeve the game fully,

for example on the first image you need 7 packs of grey size sleeves

Ok, that's what I was thinking. Thanks for the clarification.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael
United States
Medford
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Remember that if an FFG game says it needs 2 packs of sleeves to sleeve a game, that could mean the game only has 51 cards.

Each pack comes with 50 sleeves (though I've had some come with 51 or 52). Nevertheless, FFG rounds up, so a game with 51 cards (of the same size) and a game with 99 cards (of the same size) will both say they need 2 packs of sleeves. If you end up getting several FFG games that use the same type of sleeves, it would be worthwhile to see exactly how many cards each game has so that you don't end up buying more packs than is necessary.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pater Absurdus
United States
Carrollton
Texas
flag msg tools
There's really no wrong way to use a margarita pool
badge
"What is best in Life? To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentations of their women."
mbmbmbmbmb
I would also check out this awesome geek list when you need help determining the card size and number of sleeve needed: http://rpggeek.com/geeklist/102880/card-sleeve-sizes-for-gam...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.