Grand Admiral Thrawn
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Interesting article considering all the threads on rape recently.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/04/17/us-germany-sex-idU...

"She was sex mad and there was no way out of the flat," Dieter said.

"I realized I was trapped and had to keep going until she fell asleep," Dieter said. "So we had sex five more times."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My question would be if the scenario was reversed would it be rape?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
fightcitymayor
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
"This is a really weird game, and you’ll find that most people will not want to play this."
mb
Quote:
The 43-year-old disc jockey named Dieter S. told Munich's T.Z. newspaper...
I never trusted that guy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
fightcitymayor wrote:
Quote:

Surley thats Austin Powers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
いい竹やぶだ!

South Euclid
Ohio
msg tools
mbmbmb
fightcitymayor wrote:
Quote:

That was the time on Sprockets when we danced.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
CHAPEL
United States
Round Rock
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
"that's a smith and wesson, and you've had your six"
mbmbmbmbmb
einsteinidahosu wrote:
"So we had sex five more times."

Hmmm...I cry foul here.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
We will bury you
mbmbmbmbmb
tscook wrote:
MWChapel wrote:
einsteinidahosu wrote:

Hmmm...I cry foul here.

Why would you cry foul about someone being repeatedly raped?

because the limited facts that we have here indicates that this guy did not try and get out of his situation terribly hard - which implies these "unwanted" advances were in fact welcomed.

Unless he was tied down, somehow restrained I fail to see how anyone can be raped 5 or 6 times without them making some type of escape.

However, it cant be stressed enought that we have VERY limited information right now.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hermann Huth
Germany
Stuttgart
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MWChapel wrote:
einsteinidahosu wrote:

Hmmm...I cry foul here.

Germans have more fun.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
CHAPEL
United States
Round Rock
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
"that's a smith and wesson, and you've had your six"
mbmbmbmbmb
King Kolrabi wrote:

Germans have more fun.

And apparently more virile. Five times? Was this over a week?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hermann Huth
Germany
Stuttgart
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MWChapel wrote:
King Kolrabi wrote:

Germans have more fun.

And apparently more virile. Five times? Was this over a week?

Three times a day makes... fifteen times. But we have weekends. Although we're virile on saturdays too!
Bureaucracy!
And on sundays we lay flat.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moshe Callen
Israel
Jerusalem
flag msg tools
designer
ἄνδρα μοι ἔννεπε, μοῦσα, πολύτροπον, ὃς μάλα πολλὰ/ πλάγχθη, ἐπεὶ Τροίης ἱερὸν πτολίεθρον ἔπερσεν./...
badge
μῆνιν ἄειδε θεὰ Πηληϊάδεω Ἀχιλῆος/ οὐλομένην, ἣ μυρί᾽ Ἀχαιοῖς ἄλγε᾽ ἔθηκε,/...
mbmbmbmbmb
Utrecht wrote:
tscook wrote:
MWChapel wrote:
einsteinidahosu wrote:

Hmmm...I cry foul here.

because the limited facts that we have here indicates that this guy did not try and get out of his situation terribly hard - which implies these "unwanted" advances were in fact welcomed.

Unless he was tied down, somehow restrained I fail to see how anyone can be raped 5 or 6 times without them making some type of escape.

However, it cant be stressed enought that we have VERY limited information right now.

How is being confined not being restricted?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Utrecht wrote:
tscook wrote:
MWChapel wrote:
einsteinidahosu wrote:

Hmmm...I cry foul here.

If he said no that means no.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
We will bury you
mbmbmbmbmb
Moshe - true, but words like confined can mean a wide variety of things.

If this man did not want to be there and he was only confined - how was he able to keep being confined while they are in the act? 5 times.....

Steven, agree in general - but where things start to lose credibility is the statement along the lines of "she raped me 5 times and I did not get try to get away". Further, there is a strong he said/she said element.

Now, at the end, the facts may fully back his point (for example, he was held at gunpoint by a friend while the woman raped him) - but as I mentioned above, the facts are skimpy and strain the victims credibility.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Utrecht wrote:
Moshe - true, but words like confined can mean a wide variety of things.

If this man did not want to be there and he was only confined - how was he able to keep being confined while they are in the act? 5 times.....

Steven, agree in general - but where things start to lose credibility is the statement along the lines of "she raped me 5 times and I did not get try to get away". Further, there is a strong he said/she said element.

Now, at the end, the facts may fully back his point (for example, he was held at gunpoint by a friend while the woman raped him) - but as I mentioned above, the facts are skimpy and strain the victims credibility.

No more the of a woman was in the same situation, would you doubt her word?

Also he was confined by being locked in the room, how exactly was that not being confined?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
We will bury you
mbmbmbmbmb
slatersteven wrote:

Yes - fair is fair after all (but slightly less - see below)

Quote:

Also he was confined by being locked in the room, how exactly was that not being confined?

OK - think about this a bit....

In order for them to have sex, they have to be together......
In order for them to be together, he either needs to leave the room or she needs to go into it....
5x.......

There were plenty of opportunities for said man to make some kind of escape/lock the woman in the room. All of this seem like viable questions - especially since he was able to escape after she fell asleep (indicating that he was not in an inpenatrable/inexcapable room)

Now, I have no idea on the relative sizes/weights of these two individuals or if some other level of coercsion was being used (gun, holding expensive DJ equipment hostage, etc.) - but using norms for stength/weight, there appears to be some questions. (less so with a woman because again of standard weight/strenght differential)

and again, just so we are clear Steven - the facts may come out to completely validate everything that our poor German is saying - but based of the facts from the article, losts of natural questions arise.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Utrecht wrote:
slatersteven wrote:

Yes - fair is fair after all (but slightly less - see below)

Quote:

OK - think about this a bit....

In order for them to have sex, they have to be together......
In order for them to be together, he either needs to leave the room or she needs to go into it....
5x.......

There were plenty of opportunities for said man to make some kind of escape/lock the woman in the room. All of this seem like viable questions - especially since he was able to escape after she fell asleep (indicating that he was not in an inpenatrable/inexcapable room)

Now, I have no idea on the relative sizes/weights of these two individuals or if some other level of coercsion was being used (gun, holding expensive DJ equipment hostage, etc.) - but using norms for stength/weight, there appears to be some questions. (less so with a woman because again of standard weight/strenght differential)

and again, just so we are clear Steven - the facts may come out to completely validate everything that our poor German is saying - but based of the facts from the article, losts of natural questions arise.

It was not a room, it was a flat, and it does not appear she ever left it (at least nothing in the article indicate that). Also he did try to leave by the balcony but felt it wsa too high, so he did make an attempt at escape.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.