Oakleigh
Victoria
flag msg tools
badge
A fan of new Knizia games
mbmbmbmbmb
Debbie writes:

Janet, Alan, Greg, Debbie

Our two groups of four switched, and we chose to play Andromeda. We were going to play 6 Billion, but David wasn't present, after the surprise birth of his daughter on Monday. So we at least kept with the space theme.

I honestly don't know what to think of this game. Everything I say about it has an accompanying "but". After a first playing, it just seems too random. I know that there is a lot more skill in the trading phase than I probably give credit for, but I'm not sure if it can counter all the randomness that otherwise comes up, or if the game is long enough for the central mean theorem to balance out the effects for all players.

Again, I don't have the scores handy, but I know that Greg won comfortably due to some fortuitous trade post establishing, followed by a bewildered me, with Janet next and Alan suffering from some bad luck several times coming in last.

Greg: 75
Debbie: 64
Janet: 56
Alan: 48

My rating: Right now, this one earns a 6. I may change my opinion once I have played some more, and decided if the game clicks for me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.