I swear I thought I had commented on this. If I had I would have said:
1) Thanks for the vid, Kev. Twas awesome!
2) Because zombies can only hurt the Army guys by closing with them and engaging in melee, it is not the height of tactical genius for the Army guys to close with zombies and engage them in melee. But, hey, you gotta love it when a plan comes together for both sides.
3) In my trial runs of the scenario, my Army units (including the National Guard) were on the move when possible, as the center of the town is a death trap with zombies converging from all sides. I'm also an advocate of Ye Olde Tactical Basics: local superiority, multiple overlapping fire zones, concentration of firepower, flanking fire, secure retreat routes. But, no one says you have to do it my way. I'm sure concentrating all units in the center of town is also a viable tactical option. In fact, its what the mindless, game controlled zombies do.
4) I likes me zombies. This was never gonna be a stroll in the park for the good guys.
5) Finally, when the real zombie apocalypse comes, the Zeds are probably gonna run from that music.
cheers. Did you just take a pic of your counter and upload it? Cool idea.
This was fun scenario.
I hung in the middle so I could kill efficiently. I was lucky that the spawning was low. I realized very quickly that melee was a BAD thing!!! I found that I could kill once they started moving faster than they were spawning. I was figuring it would be a noble last stand at worst! Rangers dont run from trouble!