Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
United States
Dearborn Heights
Michigan
flag msg tools
Fizzgig need food badly!
badge
Click on Fizzgig to feed him a tasty snack. Nom, Nom, Nom!
mbmbmbmbmb
Alright, I totally respect that this post won't gain a huge amount of applause. However, somebody may be interested in this revamped classic that adds a wee bit more strategy to the original game. If nothing else, its a great starter game for kids.

Connect 4x4 is being offered in-store at Big Lots for $12 + Tax.

I saw five of them at my local store, and often Big Lots carry similar stock in all their stores.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
E D
United States
wilton
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
for reference amazon selling for $12.81 fsss
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Dearborn Heights
Michigan
flag msg tools
Fizzgig need food badly!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
unveilmyeyes wrote:

For reference, Amazon only has one copy left in stock at that price.

Amazon Link: http://www.amazon.com/Milton-Bradley-14714-Connect-4/dp/B001...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
E D
United States
wilton
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
and now zero at that price ... people buying them i guess
$13.55 now or $6.04 fsss for used like new lol
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Dearborn Heights
Michigan
flag msg tools
Fizzgig need food badly!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ejtracer wrote:
unveilmyeyes wrote:

For reference, now there are none left, which is why its always helpful to list all the relevant info, including a link, when you attempt to cross compare and allude to the possibility of there better price online.

Pesky things, like there only being one left in stock at Amazon at $12.81 is good to know as well, else you deter and/or redirect people with an incomplete picture.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
R S
msg tools
Thanks for sharing this even though I have this game already. As for the game itself, I really enjoy this game. Sure, this game isn't a 30 minute game and over, but maybe 10-15 minute games at most, but I do think this game has a lot of strategy. As the topic starter said, there is even more strategy in this game than the first game. I bought this maybe 2 years ago when Target had a deal where you buy the game, and get a free card game with it - Scrabble Slam or Monopoly Deal plus I think there was a coupon for Connect 4X4 too.

Now as for the forum "Hot Deals", I don't think this is that hot of a deal, BUT it is a GOOD deal! I kind of wish there was a forum called Deals, and than one called HOT deals. A Hot Deal I consider around 40% or 50% off some game, or whatnot. However, I'm thankful that there are people like you that are saying that it's only $12 at Big Lots because I haven't been to Big Lots in awhile, and i would have never known that they are caring better games there. The regular price at Wal-Mart is $17.47.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
E D
United States
wilton
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ejtracer wrote:
ejtracer wrote:
unveilmyeyes wrote:

For reference, now there are none left, which is why its always helpful to list all the relevant info, including a link, when you attempt to cross compare and allude to the possibility of there better price online.

Pesky things, like there only being one left in stock at Amazon at $12.81 is good to know as well, else you deter and/or redirect people with an incomplete picture.

No need to get so defensive. I was giving people point of reference. It's also possible people bought copies in 6 minutes between our posts. Go play a game and relax maybe
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Dearborn Heights
Michigan
flag msg tools
Fizzgig need food badly!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
unveilmyeyes wrote:
ejtracer wrote:
ejtracer wrote:
unveilmyeyes wrote:

No need to get so defensive. I was giving people point of reference. It's also possible people bought copies in 6 minutes between our posts. Go play a game and relax maybe

Sure... Whatever rationalization works for you. whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Hoover
United States
Kyle
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
ejtracer wrote:
ejtracer wrote:
unveilmyeyes wrote:

This being the internet and all it is hard to tell, but it seems like you may have gotten a little defensive over unveilmyeyes Amazon post.

Then it appeared that you were a little snarky when you mentioned: "which is why its always helpful to list all the relevant info."

I would say that there was plenty of relevant info you left out of your post. For instance what makes this a hot deal? Maybe you could have mentioned that Amazon also had 1 available at the same price as Big Lots. Maybe you could have mentioned what the MSRP was and/or posted some comparison stores.

Either way thank you for taking the time to make a hot deals post. And thank you unveilmyeyes for offering some comparison pricing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Dearborn Heights
Michigan
flag msg tools
Fizzgig need food badly!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
PBandJ wrote:
I'm thankful that there are people like you that are saying that it's only $12 at Big Lots because I haven't been to Big Lots in awhile, and i would have never known that they are caring better games there. The regular price at Wal-Mart is $17.47.

I would not go so far as to say they are carrying better games, but occasionally they have something of marginal interest at a decent price. Last year I lucked out and and snagged Blokus Trigon for $13, so I figure its worth stopping in every 6-12 months when I have the extra 10 minutes, as its right on my way home anyway.

Awhile back I saw Rummikub there for decent price too, but as I said, they don't seem to normally have anything astonishing, and just the occasional marginal interest game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dark Scarecrow
msg tools
Hey ejtracer thanks for the post. That game ususally goes for $22.99 at ToysRUs so I checked their website and they are on sale for $9.98

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3529043

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Dearborn Heights
Michigan
flag msg tools
Fizzgig need food badly!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sempron1 wrote:
Hey ejtracer thanks for the post. That game ususally goes for $22.99 at ToysRUs so I checked their website and they are on sale for $9.98

If you can snag a free shipping code someplace, that will get you out of the $6.47 shipping, which would be even better. If you find one, please let me/us know. I would bite for $10 personally.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
E D
United States
wilton
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ejtracer wrote:
Sempron1 wrote:

If you can snag a free shipping code someplace, that will get you out of the $6.47 shipping, which would be even better. If you find one, please let me/us know. I would bite for $10 personally.

One could probably get free trial of shoprunner for free shipping at tru. Often I seee free year membership offers posted at sites that have slick/hot deals

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
R S
msg tools
Toys R Us also now has a buy online, and pick it up in the store thing going on.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Dearborn Heights
Michigan
flag msg tools
Fizzgig need food badly!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
PBandJ wrote:
Toys R Us also now has a buy online, and pick it up in the store thing going on.

Ooooooohhh. Very tempted now, as I have a local store. Thank you for the info.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.