Popular Tags: [View All]
Joseph Murray
United States
HIghland
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Several of you have asked if there is a stretch goal beyond $13,000. We really appreciate your enthusiasm and certainly want to give you more! If we reach $15,000, we will include five high quality printable cards in the Shadow Days Enchiridion. The card types will include one of each: Object, Hero, Villain, War Machine and Stronghold.

What really makes these cards special is that the ideas will come from you. Yes! We'll take all of your suggestions, mix them up and see what comes out. We'll have a vote on the final designs, stats and even the flavor text! The final high quality artwork will be included in the Shadow Days Enchiridion. All you'll have to do is download and print on your choice of card stock paper.

There's more – These five cards will be included in the next Shadow Days expansion in early 2013.

So, this is where backers can discuss ideas for the new Backer-Created Cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Istanbul Jackson
United States
Erie
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Here is an idea I've been kicking around:

Frost Phoenix
Creature: Spirit (or possibly Beast)
HP: 60
AP: 45
GP: 15
LP: 5

Roll of 8+: Hit!

Hail Storm Bonus: Roll of a 20: One extra attack with + 10 AP for both attacks
Uncontrollable Freezing Penalty: Roll of a 1: Hits one friendly creature of your opponent's choice equal to the phoenix's AP + 10.

"With wings of icicles she heralds the dawn of winter, blanketing all the land in deep snow."

I thought this would be a neat twist as phoenixes are usually associated with fire. Also, it didn't seem like there were many frost/snow/ice oriented cards other than the Ice Toad.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Murray
United States
HIghland
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Istanbul Jackson wrote:
Here is an idea I've been kicking around:

Frost Phoenix
Creature: Spirit (or possibly Beast)
HP: 60
AP: 45
GP: 15
LP: 5

Roll of 8+: Hit!

Hail Storm Bonus: Roll of a 20: One extra attack with + 10 AP for both attacks
Uncontrollable Freezing Penalty: Roll of a 1: Hits one friendly creature of your opponent's choice equal to the phoenix's AP + 10.

"With wings of icicles she heralds the dawn of winter, blanketing all the land in deep snow."

I thought this would be a neat twist as phoenixes are usually associated with fire. Also, it didn't seem like there were many frost/snow/ice oriented cards other than the Ice Toad.

This is great! You're right. There are just a few.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Don Riddle
United States
Leesburg
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
trying to think outside the box here... how about...

Twisting Time Witch
HP: 90
AP: 0
GP: 50
LP: 50

Automatic: You may change any die you roll to a result of 20.

"She plays her dark songs on a harp strung with the threads of Fate."
Creature: Spirit: Villain

*She's more a presence than a physical being. Thus, she's unable to attack. But who cares when she makes all of your other Creature's attacks successful! Your opponents will want to deal with her first, but she's hard, though not impossible, to kill. When they do, it'll hit you hard as the price for using her.

or...

Glowing Gold Statue of Glata
HP: 100
GP: 100
LP: 0

Automatic: If you would lose LP, lose the same amount of GP instead. If you have less GP than required, just lose all of your GP. If you ever have 0 GP, destroy this card.

"O Glata, the prosperous, may you bring us the golden bread of Life."
Creature: Construct

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Murray
United States
HIghland
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
riddle13 wrote:
trying to think outside the box here... how about...

Twisting Time Witch
LP: 50

Automatic: You may change any die you roll to a result of 20.

"She plays her dark songs on a harp strung with the threads of Fate."
Creature: Spirit: Villain

*She's more a presence than a physical being. Thus, she's unable to attack. But who cares when she makes all of your other Creature's attacks successful! Your opponents will want to deal with her first, but she's hard, though not impossible, to kill. When they do, it'll hit you hard as the price for using her.

or...

Automatic: If you would lose LP, lose the same amount of GP instead. If you have less GP than required, just lose all of your GP. If you ever have 0 GP, destroy this card.

Awesome. You guys are bringing some cool ideas to the table!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Don Riddle
United States
Leesburg
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
riddle13 wrote:

I'm not actually sure this card works, In the rules, it would seem that a player still has to 'turn on' Automatic abilities during Combat, and only as an attacker. Do any of the other Creatures in the game have abilities that are 'on' or can be used outside of Combat? If not, is this something we might see in the future? Labeled as something other than 'Automatic'?

And anyway, this card should probably be an Object instead, since it has no LP to consider.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Murray
United States
HIghland
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
riddle13 wrote:
riddle13 wrote:

I'm not actually sure this card works, In the rules, it would seem that a player still has to 'turn on' Automatic abilities during Combat, and only as an attacker. Do any of the other Creatures in the game have abilities that are 'on' or can be used outside of Combat? If not, is this something we might see in the future? Labeled as something other than 'Automatic'?

And anyway, this card should probably be an Object instead, since it has no LP to consider.

Yes. I would consider it an Object.

There will certainly be cards with actions beyond Automatic and Roll.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Istanbul Jackson
United States
Erie
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
@Don

I like that idea. What if you just reversed it some? Say for example, when an opponent loses LP, you can gain that amount in additional coin if you roll say...14 or higher? That seems like that would fit with the rules as I understand them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Amauri Silva Lima Filho
Brazil
Rio de Janeiro
RJ
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Istanbul Jackson wrote:
@Don

I like that idea. What if you just reversed it some? Say for example, when an opponent loses LP, you can gain that amount in additional coin if you roll say...14 or higher? That seems like that would fit with the rules as I understand them.

Hum... How about...

Insane Mercenary Midas
[pic: A shadowy hooded figure with glowing hand and insane eye ?]

Event

Roll: 12+ Choose and (remove from play/return to deck?) an enemy card with HP (Creature, Object, War Machine... Maybe Hero/Vilain). Your enemy gain half of GP's (removed/returned) card as GP..

Cursed with golden´s touch, he looses everything...

And sorry about any bad english modest

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt

Maryland
msg tools
I would love to see some Undead Heroes. Maybe something like Maltok, Keeper of the Dead.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Don Riddle
United States
Leesburg
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb

Bank of Glata

Automatic: +5 GP for each Creature within this Stronghold.

Glata provides.
Stronghold

*and here's a Stronghold that doesn't protect Creatures but gives you a bonus for storing them anyway!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Don Riddle
United States
Leesburg
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Wheel of Fortune
All Players

Shuffle the Hero, Stronghold, and Object decks together into a Fortune deck and place it face down. Then, each player is dealt one card from the top of the Fortune deck. That card is placed face up in front of them. (If this causes a player to have more than five Active cards, they must then discard an Active card.) Finally, turn the Fortune deck face up and separate the cards back into their respective decks.

Event
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Istanbul Jackson
United States
Erie
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Here's a Humanoid Villain I've been thinking about:

Vyzek the Thief

HP 90
AP 60
GP 50
LP 25

Can carry 2 objects.

Roll of 16+: If Vyzek successfully defeats an opposing creature, he may steal an object from the controlling opponent. That object may be kept or discarded in exchange for the amount of GP the object is worth.

"Vyzek is renouned for his collection of unique weaponry and artifacts. Just don't ask where he got them."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Murray
United States
HIghland
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
riddle13 wrote:
Wheel of Fortune
All Players

Shuffle the Hero, Stronghold, and Object decks together into a Fortune deck and place it face down. Then, each player is dealt one card from the top of the Fortune deck. That card is placed face up in front of them. (If this causes a player to have more than five Active cards, they must then discard an Active card.) Finally, turn the Fortune deck face up and separate the cards back into their respective decks.

Event

Both of these are cool. It's funny, we had a card called Wheel of Stars. It didn't make it into this edition, though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Rowse
New Zealand
Wellington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Altar of Forgotten Sin
Stronghold

You may pay 5LP and discard a Creature from within this Stronghold to increase a die roll by 2.

I thought it might be nice to have the Stronghold protect all Creatures, but not allow them to leave - but I can't see how all that would fit on the card

The LP/die balance is pure supposition...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Z
United States
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
(I suggested a CYOA themed card on the Kickstarter page. Thought I'd give it a shot)

Tome of Adventure
HP - 50
AP - 0
GP - 20
LP - 0

Roll

Result of 1-4: -5 LP to all opponents
Result of 5-9: -10 LP to all opponents
Result of 10-14: -15 LP to all opponents
Result of 15-19: -20 LP to all opponents

~ READING AHEAD PENALTY ~
Result of 20: You lose -25 LP

Many have used this book to choose their way...not realizing that it ultimately leads to their end.

Object

[EDIT - trying to get the roll result to be more like pages of a book (flavor!)]

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Don Riddle
United States
Leesburg
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Black Cat

HP: 20
GP: 5
LP: 10

Bad Luck Bonus
Roll of 13: Instant Kill

Automatic: When Black Cat is attacked, it can only be hit by a roll of exactly 13, but a roll of 13 is considered successful for any card attacking Black Cat.

Automatic: -5 LP to each opponent.

Unlike an ordinary cat, this evil beast seems to have 13 lives.
Creature: Beast

*it is intentional that Black Cat can do no damage in combat other than its Bad Luck Bonus.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Murray
United States
HIghland
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
These are all awesome!!!

Any ideas for War Machines?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Istanbul Jackson
United States
Erie
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Here's one:

Arcane Spider

HP:100
AP:90
GP:80
LP:0

14+: Hit!

Acid Bath Bonus: Automatic +10AP to all Humanoids and Beasts.

Broken Leg Penalty: Each roll of a 8 or less reduces the Arcane Spider's AP by 10. After 3 broken legs, discard the spider.

"A giant mechanical spider with eight menacing legs, infused with evil arcane magics."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Don Riddle
United States
Leesburg
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Battering Ram

AP: 90
LP: 20

Roll
Result of 15-19: Hit!

All or Nothing Bonus
Result of 1 or 20: Discard this War Machine, a Stronghold owned by the owner of the defending card, and any Creatures within that Stronghold.

Nowhere is safe.
War Machine

Cost: 150

*this War machine costs LP when destroyed because of the manpower it takes to run it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Z
United States
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mutating Worm

AP: 80
GP: 25
LP: 10

Roll
Result of 13-20: Hit!

Automatic
When Mutating Worm is played, the HP/AP/GP/LP of each of the player's other creatures is replaced with the HP/AP/GP/LP of Mutating Worm. Other creatures are treated as War Machines. Remove any attached objects.

When Mutating Worm is destroyed, all creatures regain their original HP/AP/GP/LP.

"010101000111001001100001011011100111001101100110011011
101010110010101110010"
War Machine

Cost: 175

(Okay, obviously a Borg-type mechanic...but I was thinking more of that worm they stuck in Chekov's ear in Khan. Plus, Annelida worm/viral worm wordplay! Without having actually played the game...I guess I want the idea to come through even if this execution doesn't really work.)

[EDIT - Trying to clarify wording a bit. Better binary flavor text...though lengthy. EDIT 2 - Realized the term 'penalty' associated with a roll, removed.]
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Kristopovich
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I keep on reading these and thinking I want to post, "Wow, that one is really cool!"
But then I read the next one and it's just as cool, so I never post anything.

I'm going to try to come up with a few in the next few days.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Istanbul Jackson
United States
Erie
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Here's one that isn't quite as powerful stat-wise, but potent nonetheless with some high rolling.

Ballista of Firestorms

HP: 70
AP: 70
GP: 60

14+: Hit!

4 or less: Discard Ballista

Piercing Shot Bonus: After the first successful hit, you may roll again on a different target.

"A flaming bolt burned through our front ranks and melted those behind them."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Z
United States
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Valoisian the Strategist

HP: 55
LP: 25

Roll (this roll cannot be changed by effects)

~Best Laid Plans Bonus~
Result of 15-19: Destroy an opponent's creature.

~Master Tactician Bonus~
Result of 20: Take another turn immediately after this one.

Automatic: +15 HP to this player's other creatures and War Machines.

"He was not trained to fight. He was trained only to think."

Creature: Humanoid: Hero

COST: 100

* Too powerful? I don't really know. I made him pretty killable. It is all about the first turn with him as he's probably going down fast. Again, just some ideas.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Istanbul Jackson
United States
Erie
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Any other types of cards that you are short on backer ideas for? Objects, creatures, etc?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.