Popular Tags: [View All]
Martin Gallo
United States
O'Fallon
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Has anyone put together an Artscow set for the English version (of the base game)? If so, are there links available? If not, would that be an acceptable thing to do?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arturo García

Madrid
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi!

Glad to know yet another US player interested on the game.

As far as I know, no-one has put together any Artscow file for the base game.

If anyone does, I would only ask: please help me promoting the game as much as possible (on BGG, on other websites, telling other players about it, etc). I still need to find a home for a few hundred games.

Thanks for your understanding.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Gallo
United States
O'Fallon
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Good to know. And if I spend the time to figure out Artscow, this is the game I would work on first. Note that I am not volunteering just yet. It is on my list of things to consider.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pieter-Michiel Geuze
United States
Hiram
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would be interested in making an Artscow copy for this game. I have most of the material together, I am just having difficulty in using the citations from the artwork to locate the original source.

Would you be able to explain how the citations are listed or provide a copy of the original artwork. I would like to make a set available in which you could then use Artscow to sell English copies through print on demand.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arturo García

Madrid
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
PMGeuze wrote:
I would be interested in making an Artscow copy for this game. I have most of the material together, I am just having difficulty in using the citations from the artwork to locate the original source.

Would you be able to explain how the citations are listed or provide a copy of the original artwork. I would like to make a set available in which you could then use Artscow to sell English copies through print on demand.

As I mentioned in a previous message, I have no problem if you put together for Artscow what I have published in English at my website as long as you help me promote the game so copies in Spanish –the only "real" ones that keep me company– keep finding homes. Around 550 as of today, summing up what I have at home and as stock in stores. I would not be interested in selling those Artscow works in English, even as Print&Demand.

And I'm not sure what you mean by the citations... Do you mean the historical text that is part of each card? I don't have that translated... Would you want them in Spanish? I'm not sure I have all of them listed in a file, but it may be doable.
Or if you mean the citation under each image, that's indeed available at the website under the "Archives" section. It includes the documental information to find each image in the archives.

In any case, thanks for the interest!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Gallo
United States
O'Fallon
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have managed to figure out the slightly byzantine and mind-numbingly dull process of making decks and thanks to the English files available on the website I have created 7 decks for this game. This includes all the cards from the base game and the D and F expansions released to date. There are no blank cards to this point. Expansion P only has 9 cards, so I will wait for more expansions before expanding to the eight deck.

Just to be clear, this project is based solely on the English translations of the cards - I made no modifications - and would not have been possible without those translations. This task was made easier (and probably only happened) because of the single page card images (the Nx1 files) and my gratitude goes to those who made that possible.

I just placed the order this morning and after the cards arrive (a week or so) and I have looked them over for any glaring mistakes and found them worthy I will make the decks public (unless permission is revoked).

I will also FINALLY work over introduce one of my friends to play the game! Looks like a hoot.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Gallo
United States
O'Fallon
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The cards arrived and they are messed up. As near as I can tell the good folks at Artscow ignored the bleed area they asked us to provide for. I sized the cards to what I THOUGHT was the card image (inside the bleed area) but either I missed a setting, the instructions were wrong or Artscow made mistakes.

If I am able to do THIS right here is a screenshot of the "file" I submitted to Artscow. The red rectangle over the card on the right shows the part of the card image that printed - printed edge to edge on the card, cutting off all the edges. Pretty sad, really. Add in the regularly expected misalignment and even more of the information at the top and sides of some of the cards is cut off.

If I get more time this week I will try to work with Artscow to see how to get these printed "properly".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arturo García

Madrid
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm sorry to see you're having trouble with Artscow. Unfortunately I cannot help you much as I didn't place the orders myself but rather asked someone else to do it for me. But thanks for sharing.

Arturo

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.