Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Michael Kefauver
United States
Saint Charles
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I'm looking to sell my first-edition Deluxe copy of Puzzle Strike. As I haven't paid attention to the street value of such things, I was wondering if anyone had an honest estimation of the price. I have #10 of 100, signed by Sirlin. This might be better put in buying and selling, but it's a specific question for this specific game, so I thought it belonged on these boards. If a mod feels the need to move it, I'm sorry.

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Kefauver
United States
Saint Charles
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
That low? For a 1 out of a hundred copy of a game? Even if the chips have changed, the original base game is still a good game, and it is a bit of a collector's item, is it not?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sime Mardesic
Australia
Bacchus Marsh
Victoria
flag msg tools
I have a wood chip version and I am contemplating just giving it away to someone who wants to try it out. I can't see anyone paying for an old copy with redundant rule set. Unless it is 30 years from now and they are incredibly rare and Sirlin has exploded as a phenomenon in game design, you may make back a dollar or two. I'd suggest this is the worst time to even consider hocking a copy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sime Mardesic
Australia
Bacchus Marsh
Victoria
flag msg tools
Two on the trot, I guess Magic had old cards busted rules, etc and the old edition took off like a house on fire. If Puzzle Strike gets huge then you might make a bit of coin. I am more functional, I think the newer editions are better versions, better components (the wood was a menace) and thus more enjoyable.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamie Jensen
United States
Baltimore
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The only auction data I could find after a quick search (which may not even be that relevant) is that 3 months ago a deluxe wood-box version of Flash Duel sold for $20 (i.e. 45% of its original price).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Xavier Vargas
United States
Farmers Branch
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Depending on the codition, you're looking at $15-25 in bad condition to $65-70 in near perfect condition. Since you do have a low number out of 100, you looking to add about $5-15 more, again depending on it's condition.

The only reason this might seem a little low is because of the release of the UPGRADE PACK, you wouldn't be able to use this for tournament play. Even if you weren't gonna use it for tournaments someone might want the upgrade and now they're mismatched. Still there are some people that might not care about the mismatch.

Sadly you might need to cut you losses on this. Also the new expansions is about to come out so it could so you might lose a little more. Hope this helped.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Kefauver
United States
Saint Charles
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I figured as much, sadly. The reason I wanna sell it is so I can buy a new base game. I feel really screwed over by the whole situation, really; I bought a 'deluxe' copy of a game I had to wait for months after the supposed release date to get and pay more for, and had to get about 3 separate shipments for to even be able to play. Then, I get the news that despite what was said and/or inferred earlier, they wouldn't keep supporting the deluxe edition.

I'm finding it hard to justify buying another base game while I own it, but I can't use the upgrade pack or upcoming expansion with my version. I suppose I learned to wait for the second or third editions of things; buying early to support an innovative new game got me sorta slapped in the face.

Thanks for the help, everyone. I might end up putting this up on auction soon in vain hopes of getting a game I can actually expand, or I might keep it if I can't get enough for even a new base game for it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Xavier Vargas
United States
Farmers Branch
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nessmk2 wrote:
I figured as much, sadly. The reason I wanna sell it is so I can buy a new base game. I feel really screwed over by the whole situation, really; I bought a 'deluxe' copy of a game I had to wait for months after the supposed release date to get and pay more for, and had to get about 3 separate shipments for to even be able to play. Then, I get the news that despite what was said and/or inferred earlier, they wouldn't keep supporting the deluxe edition.

I'm finding it hard to justify buying another base game while I own it, but I can't use the upgrade pack or upcoming expansion with my version. I suppose I learned to wait for the second or third editions of things; buying early to support an innovative new game got me sorta slapped in the face.

Thanks for the help, everyone. I might end up putting this up on auction soon in vain hopes of getting a game I can actually expand, or I might keep it if I can't get enough for even a new base game for it.

I would suggest to sell it for the cost of the base game and upgrade pack + $10. Just consider the money lost a renters fee. I know it's not much but at least you got to enjoy a great game for a while.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Ruzzo
United States
Manchester
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
simem wrote:
I have a wood chip version and I am contemplating just giving it away to someone who wants to try it out. I can't see anyone paying for an old copy with redundant rule set. Unless it is 30 years from now and they are incredibly rare and Sirlin has exploded as a phenomenon in game design, you may make back a dollar or two. I'd suggest this is the worst time to even consider hocking a copy.

I'm in the same boat. I have literally 0 desire to play the wooden version I have because I have the 2nd edition. I don't know why anybody would pay for the 1st edition when the 2nd edition is clearly vastly superior in quality mechanics (especially with the upgrade pack).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.