Popular Tags: [View All]
-=::) Dante (::=-
United States
KEW GARDENS
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My wife absolutely loves Dominion and also enjoys the racier end of the Anime spectrum so this game seems like a perfect gift.

Being that she's not a huge fan of attack cards, I'm thinking that one of the two expansions would be the best fit.

Just wondering whether I should grab Expanding the House or wait for Romantic Vacation to make it here in english.

Are either of the two more suggestive than the other? Apart from the art, is there any other reason why I should consider one strongly over the other? (gameplay, interaction, complexity, etc)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Lundström
Sweden
Täby
flag msg tools
Now who are these five?
badge
Come, come, all children who love fairy tales.
mbmbmbmbmb
The main differences are game mechanism-wise. Art-wise, both are a bit more sexy than the original; but honestly they're all the same, virtually.

Expanding the House basically includes buying VP cards that don't enter your deck. These are more expensive or has some conditions for when being bought.

Romantic Vacation has VP cards (also not going into your deck) that you don't buy, but get from discarding certain combinations of cards. So effectively, it introduces a way to get VP without actually having money in your deck. This system is also an incentive for buying cards not for the effect, but for the sake of that they're eligible for this VP exchange, which is… well, not something that's done in normal Dominion, so it's a bit interesting.

But in the end, it's not much different. If I were you, I'd grab Expanding the House now instead of waiting for Romantic Vacation for another half year. If the first hits, then you can get Vacation.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
O B
United States
Mountainview
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Agreed with Simon, but you might also get the original and play without the attack cards. It's a perfectly fun game without bad-habits or illnesses and if you get both you get lots more combinations!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.