Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Daniel Budden
Australia
Mayfield West
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have recently upgraded my table to a space efficient but larger surface area drop-side table. This has practically doubled my game table size and so I'm eager to get one of the games I have wanted but really been unable to fit.

I have narrowed it down to two main contenders Last Night on Earth: The Zombie Game and Merchants & Marauders (although other suggestions are welcome). I really like both of the themes and although I think my gf and friends would probably go more for the pirate theme the length would probably put them off. On the other LNOE is shorter but less appealing.

This means I will probably played either of those solo mostly so if anyone has any reccomendations based on playing either or these with solo variants the feedback would be appreciated.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jean-Christophe Gareau
Canada
Rouyn-Noranda
Québec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You'll play LNOE solo...?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Strategically Correct
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
Neither of these games is suitable for solo play.

Merchants and marauders is a 3.5 to 4 hour game which most groups will play between 1-3 times per year.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Evans
Wales
Rhondda
Mid Glamorgan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Have you thought of Touch of Evil? That plays solo and is fun in a group.
Same production as LNOE but is soloable.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damien Seb. ●leoskyangel●
Malaysia
Bangsar & PJ
flag msg tools
badge
I play games not to win, it's the gathering that's important - Thanks for the tip Cate108!
mbmbmbmbmb
If you're not in a hurry (but it seems you do), you can back Zpocalypse or Zombicide on kickstarter.

Another one to look at is All Things Zombie: The Boardgame, but this game is better with solo instead of more.

Agreed on AToE as well (but still horror). Same publisher and is soloable by design.

If you still insist, there's one solo variant (that I know of) for LNoE here: Solitaire system for LNOE (with ot without GH). I haven't try it myself yet but inclined to try it very soon. Give it a look.

- Damien
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.