Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tristan Rickett
United States
Bellevue
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
From this list of games, I have played only Eminent Domain and Race for the Galaxy. I prefer RftG but the mechanics of Eminent Domain is a little more original (Dominion plus RftG mechanics). The replay value is high for RftG as well. Therefore, I would give RftG a try! Good luck!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve e^(iπ)+1=0
United States
Marietta
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Combat: Starcraft + expansion, Eclipse, TI2 & TI3 (2 more so), Nexus Ops (brilliant quicky)

4X: Eclipse is a great choice, like MOO2. Twilight Imperium 3 has options for a bit of explore, and I'm thinking of doing an Eclipse-like mod for it.

Exploration: I'm going to wedge in Space Alert here. You are on a space station waiting for everything possible to do Bad Things to you.

Zombie: ??

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
gamer 2012
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
TI for 2-4
hmm so you think that eclise would cover both needs...

Space alert does not have the replay value and I have many co-ops already in mind.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve e^(iπ)+1=0
United States
Marietta
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
TI is really good with 4 - you take two roles each turn. The expansions have much better roles than the original and there are a couple of modes for role picking specifically for 4 (I'll go see if I can chase those down). TI3 can be won with minimal combat (but not usually), but TI2 is all about conquering the universe with your plastic bits of glory.

SA: I guess I haven't played enough to outlive the replay value!

Eclipse: eXplore: you have an explore action and the connections are controlled through limited wormholes - only the home planets and the center are up at the beginning of the game. eXpand: your empire of cubes on planets grows and the mechanic to balance is really neat that ties into eXploit: 3 types of currency: build, $$, and science. $$ controls your expand. eXterminate: You design your own ships and must fight both neutral aliens and your neighbors. Peaceful victory is possible, but who wants that?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Wagnon
United States
Aurora
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
Cybertronic: Superior by design.
mbmbmbmbmb
gamer667788 wrote:
I have a gaming group of 2-4 looking for one game from each set with:
meaningful choices
REPLAY value
original mechanics

space combat: exile sun OR starcraft OR renegade legion

space 4x/empire: eclipse OR 4x OR omega centauri OR hegemonics OR stelcon

space exploration: space mission OR race for the galaxy+1 OR core worlds OR E.domain

zombie:
lnoe OR zpocalypse OR zombicide OR dark,darker,darkest

Last Night on Earth is a good zombie game. There are several expansions to add replayability. It is also fun to be the zombie player and pursue you friends!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ANDREAS MILIOPOULOS
Greece
KOROPI
ATTICA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My vote goes to Race for the Galaxy!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darren M
Canada
Fort Vermilion
AB
flag msg tools
badge
mb
space combat: starcraft

space 4x/empire: eclipse

space exploration: race for the galaxy

zombie:
lnoe

Those would be my choices. All great games worth owning and playing.

I agree TI3 would be a great game as well... much longer in length and scope. I'd read a few reviews and session reports to see if that's a game that would interest your group.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
gamer 2012
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
thanks all

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.